=( starbucks

Options
my coffee....OY! I never knew the calories I was consuming by enjoying my starbucks coffee!!! 500 calories for a coffee!!!! :noway: (and no...I don't get the whip) UGH! No fair.

Green tea it is then!

Replies

• megan145
    megan145 Posts: 67
    Options
    my coffee....OY! I never knew the calories I was consuming by enjoying my starbucks coffee!!! 500 calories for a coffee!!!! :noway: (and no...I don't get the whip) UGH! No fair.

Green tea it is then!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    what coffee are you drinking?????
    Latte? Mocha?

You can get the same taste with regular coffee.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You can still go to starbucks! Get a coffee with sugar-free syrup, and then add your OWN skim milk and splenda! It's not the coffee that has the calories and sugar, it's the extra crud you put in it.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    If you want a really good cup of coffee, go for the Americano (which is freshly made espresso, with hot water added) a much better cup of coffee than what is sitting in the thermos. I always get an extra shot, and then you can add the sugar-free syrup and (just a little half and half.)
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    just get the skinny latte. :s
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    just get the skinny. :s
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    I worked at Starbucks for 4 years an MASTERED the lo-cal latte. If you're not into sugar free stuff- which is really bad for you (but we pick our battles). My Favorite: Tall(that's 12 ounces) non fat, one pump of whatever flavour you want (25 calories or less), and a doubble shot.

so.. i get a double tall nonfat one pump mocha, and add a splenda or my own stevia packet (way healthier and just as sweet). This only comes out to abotu 100 calories. Much better option.

best advice: have your regular drink, but get it in a short or a tall. it cuts the cals in half.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I miss my Starbucks! Its been 5 months since I had coffee from their. Are their tea's good for you?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Exsmackly...You can still go to Starbucks! They have water...And then they have chairs, and newspapers to read...Lovely napkins. Straws to tie together...Music, atmosphere...Maybe checkers and free WiFi to surf and visit online with us if your lucky!

It's totally doable...If you are walking there from your home and back.

I miss Starbucks too! :sad: I am a Viente' iced mocha, non-fat milk, light ice, no whip type of gal. I'm not too picky. Fortunately, I miss my soft curves more than my coffee, so that keeps me away from the big "S"... :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I miss my Starbucks! Its been 5 months since I had coffee from their. Are their tea's good for you?

<<all together saying>> Hi Casey!

I'm PrincessLaundry and it has been two weeks since I had a coffee from Starbucks.

<<all together saying>> Hi PrincessLaundry!

Any other recovering Starbucks addicts joining us today? Great to see you all tonight. Anyone want to share with us their story?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tuber311
    tuber311 Posts: 15
    Options
    My fav drink at Starbucks is a Skinny Carmel macchiato: skim milk, sugar free syrups, & carmel!!! ICED or HOT it's wonderful!!
  • Edwina
    Edwina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try the new Iced Coffee's from McDonalds. The Vanilla Low-Cal or sugar free, perhaps....is really very good, and priced much much lower than S'Bucks. Know what I miss from STarbucks? A Pumpkin Scone!! yummmmmmmmm
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I worked at STarbucks for almost 10 years and did you know the caramel topping they use has 180 cals for 2 tablespoons, and I can guarantee you are getting at least that 2 tbsp.

But, the small indulgences are what keep us going sometimes, I usually have an iced coffee with no syrup (they started adding simple syrup about 2 years before I left, stupid) and I add, at home, a tbsp of 1/2 & 1/2. weaned myself off of the raw sugar habit. When I am feeling indulgent I have a triple tall nonfat 2 pump vanilla latte, but the iced coffee has more caffeine so I stick to that 9 times out of 10.

It is true you can have your starbucks, but you want to avoid the flavored drinks in the larger sizes, especially the venti. A hot venti has the same amount of espresso as a grande but you get more milk and syrup! So just get a grande, or as mentioned above, get a double tall (even better, quite possibly the near perfect drink!) And NO WHIP! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • janellybelly
    janellybelly Posts: 112
    Options
    Gah...I KNOW!!! Thanks to Starbucks I went over my calories yesterday by 250!!! :mad: LOL
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    A lot of drink places trip people up. It's cause we don't think about drinking calories much.

I went to Orange Julius the other day and BAM...some of their smoothies are killers. Up to 600 calories on some! I don't know about you but I can't cough up 1/2 my calories for a drink. Unless I plan on working out for those extra calories.

Anyone know about Starbucks Vanilla Chai Tea though? A while back I had one and was curious about the content.
  • janellybelly
    janellybelly Posts: 112
    Options
    This was all I could find?

Starbucks Nonfat Tazo Chai Tea Latte

230 cal.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options

<<all together saying>> Hi Casey!

I'm PrincessLaundry and it has been two weeks since I had a coffee from Starbucks.

<<all together saying>> Hi PrincessLaundry!

Any other recovering Starbucks addicts joining us today? Great to see you all tonight. Anyone want to share with us their story?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HEE HEE.:smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks Janell, I think that is what I usually get with a hit of vanilla.
    That's not too horrible.

Did it say what size that was?
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I worked in a coffeeshop in college (still do...) and I've learned from my mistakes...

1) order your drink with SOY milk or skim milk (about the same in cals, soy is very good for you!)

2) If you can stand it, order sugar free or half the syrup.

3) Go with a smaller size, with a double shot, it will have your caffeine, satisfy your craving, and you'll realize that 12 oz really IS enough...

4) Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER eat a baked good from a coffeeshop! They are all around 400-500 calories, full of butter, cream, trans fat, saturated fat, etc. I always thought of it as eating one scone is like eating a stick of butter.

5) If you really just like brewed coffee, black coffee is only like 10 calories for a 20 oz cup.

6) Resist the whipped cream. It can easily double the calories in your drink.

7) If you really want a "mocha" fix - try eating chocolate covered espresso beans. You don't need many, as they are LOADED with caffeine, so a small handful, (1-2 oz) is only like 100-150 calories. Sweet.

8) If you know you're going to be going out for coffee, try looking up the menu ahead of time online and looking at the calories in the drink you want to order, then prioritize. Is this "triple-shot-caramel-no-whip-lite-ice-extra-sweet-mocha" really worth going back UP a pants size?

HTH:flowerforyou:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    ps brewed tea is ZERO calories, but beware of honey, which has about 90 calories for 2 tbsp...