=( starbucks

Options

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    when I see Starbucks I crave peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice, and gingerbread.....lol....holiday favorites that in this gal's opinion should be available all year long...yum!!!:tongue:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    forget starbucks. get a wendy's jr. frosty...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. its like less than 200 calories he he.

all the bloody sugar you need in the morning!!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    when I see Starbucks I crave peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice, and gingerbread.....lol....holiday favorites that in this gal's opinion should be available all year long...yum!!!:tongue:

they usually are, you just have to ask... they have a lot of stuff that is "not on the menu" lol
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    ugh!!! i can never say no to starbucks! fortunately though, i like the iced sugar free vanilla coffees and i add skim milk and splenda to it - so it only sets me back about 50-70 calories! it's so worth it... even if i really do want to get an iced white chocolate mocha!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

they usually are, you just have to ask... they have a lot of stuff that is "not on the menu" lol

oh reeeeeeallllllly?! :happy: *rubbing my hands together wickedly!* okay number one on list of things I want after my test tomorrow!!!! please let them have that peppermint mocha!!!!

hugs and thanks!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    they do peppemint year round now, my husbands fav is a 6shot venti peppermint white mocha, uck.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm i'm going today!

mint mocha chip frap.

instead of giving myself a "cheat day" I go out for coffee once a week and get whatever I want. It helps me stave off cravings and keeps me 'on the wagon' so to say. :laugh:
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow it is scary how many of us love, truly love, Starbucks....I am with the others on the sugar free syrup, that is why I go, I can get splenda with plain cofee at home, but sugar free syrup, skim milk and espresso in a grande all for about 200 cal...yum, plus I need to get my dairy in somehow.
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    well this may not help much depending on what you like but the lite frappachino's (tall) w/o whip are only 180cal. which is a lot for just a drink (but not too much for your sanity!) I can be a little :devil: if I don't have my coffee.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I got a tall skinny chai latte at 150 calories.

I didn't even feel guilty!
  • ophelian
    ophelian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have recommended "tall/skinny" drinks and I second that rec. I absolutely couldn't live without my mocha fix so I went from my regular grande cafe mocha (200+ calories) to a tall skinny mocha (90.) Its every bit as scrumptious as the original.

A tip when ordering: specify that you'd like your coffee without whip - sometimes well-meaning baristas will include it even in skinny drinks. I ordered an iced version the other day and got lots of attention when I spun around and dumped this mountain of whipped cream into the garbage. Worth it to keep the calories down, though.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I used to love starbucks but now mcdonalds iced hazelnut coffee is my generic starbucks :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I used to love starbucks but now mcdonalds iced hazelnut coffee is my generic starbucks :laugh:

How are the calories on those? Are they pretty slimmed down?
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to work and Starbucks and many of their drinks can pack a punch to your calories for the day. It is about selecting the right kind of drink. I can't go without a starbucks at least 4 times a week. So, what I do is preplan by going to www.starbucks.com. If you look under the nutritional tab you can "design" you drink. i.e. type of milk, size, etc. Also, always go with non-fat milk, it really cuts the calories down. Fraps are already made with skim milk, but try to get only a small or a grande sans whip.

P.S. Don't get their pastries. If people knew how much calories and fat were in them...... they would think twice about purchasing.
    :wink:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

How are the calories on those? Are they pretty slimmed down?

160 calories for a 24 oz i believe
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I went to Starbucks tonight...

I had an iced mocha...

It was real...

And it was spectacular!

:glasses:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Tall nonfat latte for me, one a day.

Starbucks offers mistos and brewed coffee in an 8-oz size now! Hooray for the return of the 8-oz coffee! Maybe this means that 6-oz (the original serving size for coffee) will be back, too!

If you want Starbucks to offer other drinks in 8-oz sizes, write to them about it! They will offer it if you will buy it ... Just be prepared for it to cost more per ounce. I'm willing to accept that.
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A lot of markets are selling the syrups that Starbuck's uses. I usually go to some place like World's Market and get any flavor in sugar free and just make my own drinks at home. This makes it easier to measure the amount of coffee/espresso, syrup, milk/h&h/cream, and sugar.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I miss my Starbucks! Its been 5 months since I had coffee from their. Are their tea's good for you?

For a good black tea I get their Awake hot tea. Add your own cream or sugar or honey :smile:
    Their China Green is really good green tea. And my favorite summer drink is their Grande iced black tea - two pumps (about 40 calories) Yummmm :flowerforyou:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I miss my Starbucks! Its been 5 months since I had coffee from their. Are their tea's good for you?

Not sure about Starbucks, but after Afghanistan, I really like Chai!

I would get the 12 oz Vanilla Chai Latte with Double Expresso!!!

LOVED It! I am worried how many calories were actually in the Latte... but hey! I only had one or two a day!