Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• Your breakfast sounds really tasty. You have to check out this egg separator - it makes you want to separate eggs!

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/stoneware-egg-separator

My pregnancy and breastfeeding have depleted my Calcium so that I am slightly osteopenia. Even my Doctor has said that I need to take a Calcium supplement, that there is no way I could get enough in my diet alone.

For breakfast I drink Advocare Meal Replacement Shake, they are quick to make and I can drink them on the way to school and they have half the RDA of Calcium (500mg) Then I take another 1000 mg Calcium capsules. Bonus with the shake, I also get 24 grams of Protein and 7 grams of fiber.

Yes I do eat ALOT of greens, for the Calcium and the Fiber and the Iron, too.

I know that dairy may be a better Calcium source, but I have a family history of diabetes and genetically high cholesterol and I am trying to make food choices that cut back on fat and calories anytime that I can. I would rather take a Calcium supplement now than have to take Lipitor later.

And yes, I know that olive oil & nut oil may be "good fats" and better than Crisco, but I get enough fat in other foods and as a protein source, I just choose to go a more efficient route.
  • MInnesotaNice
    Options
    Two of my favorite foods are pita bread, 3g of fat/ 10 g protein

and morning star vegan sausage also 3g fat / 10 g:flowerforyou: protein, not bad! especially when combined with protein packed eggs and milk!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    try protien powder a banana peanut butter and fat free milk and maybe a little ice and make a smoothie. go fro beans and and legumes thwey pack a huge nutritional punch for little caloric impact. tofu is also higfh in protien. there are many options!!!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast sounds really tasty. You have to check out this egg separator - it makes you want to separate eggs!

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/stoneware-egg-separator

My pregnancy and breastfeeding have depleted my Calcium so that I am slightly osteopenia. Even my Doctor has said that I need to take a Calcium supplement, that there is no way I could get enough in my diet alone.

For breakfast I drink Advocare Meal Replacement Shake, they are quick to make and I can drink them on the way to school and they have half the RDA of Calcium (500mg) Then I take another 1000 mg Calcium capsules. Bonus with the shake, I also get 24 grams of Protein and 7 grams of fiber.

Yes I do eat ALOT of greens, for the Calcium and the Fiber and the Iron, too.

I know that dairy may be a better Calcium source, but I have a family history of diabetes and genetically high cholesterol and I am trying to make food choices that cut back on fat and calories anytime that I can. I would rather take a Calcium supplement now than have to take Lipitor later.

And yes, I know that olive oil & nut oil may be "good fats" and better than Crisco, but I get enough fat in other foods and as a protein source, I just choose to go a more efficient route.

What ever works for you.. I had to see a nutrionist while going through fertility. Thats when I found out the reason i was not loosing weight is becasue of what i was eatting.. Thats why i eat A tsp or so of penutbutter as part of a snack.. I have to eat FOOD... I cant do shakes for meals... I am insulin restistan and my sugar is all over the place So I eat healthy choices and still get my cheese. But thats not all I eat.. I love fruits and veggies and chicken so thats basically what I eat... and eatting real oils, two tsp a day is healthyer for you than supplements... I dont eat fried foods, fast food, packaged foods.. most of my food is home made. my cholestoral has never been an issue, nor my sodium. I am just fat... i guess u could say... but it all stems down to how your body works and everyones is differnt.. all my weight is in my stomach caused by polycycsticovarysyndrom and insulin resistance. ITS SUCKS.. but Gotta do what ya gotta do... thanks for sharing...
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Protein bars- they are quick and convienant- I love them but it is a process of elimination to find the good ones I like Pro crunch from GNC I also enjoy Luna Bars- you may also want to try meal replacement shakes they are good too- and another quick thing-