Unwanted Help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• antipholous
    Options
    Yea- I would def mind your p's and q's. My best friend is trying to lose weight, and I want so badly to tell her all the things I know/have found etc but that's not what she needs- she needs me to be there for her. Worry about yourself, don't meddle with others unless they ask, and even then think twice

If they're purposefully trying to lose weight you should definately tell them what they're eating is bad. My mother tried to lose weight for a year (I had been out of the state during this time) and apparently she was eating just like she normally did but thought walking a few miles a day would do the trick. She got frustrated and quit. If she'd had proper support and information, she might not have done that bad.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    They ask me for advice, they get an earful. But I am known for eating relatively healthy. So if I indulge, I really not have someone come up and tell me how bad it is for me. I see it the same way in your situation.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with my family. I can't help it!. I'm a vegetarian and also mainly eat organic so when my mom or brother stuffs their face with fast food or coke zero I can't help but to tell them that its unhealthy. It's not because I want to force my lifestyle on them but because I want them to be around for as long as possible. But I don't go around telling strangers or friends or anything unless they ask for it. I do recommend that everyone reads Skinny B*tch, its a life changer! Even if you're not interested in becoming a vegetarian or vegan it will your open your eyes to where your food and drink comes from and what effects chemicals will have on your body.

Sharing is caring!
    No offense...but you JUST made his point with your post.
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    I agree with drawfer2 it does depend on the situation

also how do you display your ticker? I created one but its not showing up.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thank to everyone for their input, Just wanted to make clear that I am not going up to complete strangers and telling them how bad the food they are eating is, only Immediate family and real close friends...........:smile:
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree with most everyone on not saying anything. My feeling is you have to love them as they are and wait for them to ask you how you lost your weight. I've been on MFP since September and am losing slowly and steadily and I could lose faster if I didn't have a slice of pizza every week - but I factor it in to my calorie allotment. I have to live with this eating pattern for the rest of my life and allowing myself the pizza is what makes it doable. Even if it does have a ton of calories, fat, and salt.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    No I don't.... at all... unless they are complaining about being overweight while downing an extra large fries or something
  • benthinb4
    Options
    All (ALL) change has to be your own idea. No amount of education, information, or advise will help until the individual decides to change. Think about what made you change.
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    I agree with drawfer2 it does depend on the situation

also how do you display your ticker? I created one but its not showing up.
    If you mean to have it show up at the bottom of your forum posts, you have to copy the code you're given once you've made the ticker and then go over to the "Signature" tab at the top of these forums and paste it in there. I hope that helps!