IS it wrong?

Options
Ok..I am going to my friends kids bday party.. they are having hot dogs and hambugers...plus some other things.. Is it wrong of me to take my ff hot dogs and lite buns with me... Just curious what every one else would do thanks

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ok..I am going to my friends kids bday party.. they are having hot dogs and hambugers...plus some other things.. Is it wrong of me to take my ff hot dogs and lite buns with me... Just curious what every one else would do thanks
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I guess not, but I would feel bad taking my food to the person cooking at the grill and say, "can you cook these for me?" I would feel weird bringing my own food to a party like that unless I were a diabetic or had an illness that needed strict dietary guidance.

Why not eat before going to the party, that way you can avoid all food/party faux pas?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I would eat what they have, bring a salad to share with everyone, eat that, and only 1/2 of a normal hot dog...or dog without bun. Or walk there, eat the entire thing...walk back. Or while you are there, take their dog for a walk. Take their dog for a walk, to the store, buy a salad, and walk back. Errrr..

I wouldn't take food to some one's house like that IMHO I'd eat what they provided, but less of it and bring something healthy for you to share...

But I'm sure they'd love for you take their dog for a walk.
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen last weekend. If you look at a regular hot dog and a FF hot dog they are not that much different. I just ate one hot dog and one bun and used onion and mustard and then at some carrots raw. I just tried to not think about food and really got more into the party stuff instead. It was fun and I lost 2 lbs this week!!!!! Good luck!

60180.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!:wink:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I bring my food. Most people understand my struggles and respect the fact that I am on a mission. If you were an alcoholic nobody would blink an eye if you brought your favorite soda. Also, I know this is totally awful of me, but..... I love to be the only one eating healthy while others are pigging out and feeling guilty, it's one of my secret pleasures:devil: Isn't that horrible? LOL
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how close you are to them.....

If you are just aquaintances then I wouldn't bring it, but If they are friends that you regularly hang out with then you should feel free to bring it. The whole point of going out is to be social. I wouldn't care if someone brought their own special food to my BBQ. I'd just be glad they came.:smile:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love to be the only one eating healthy while others are pigging out and feeling guilty, it's one of my secret pleasures:devil: Isn't that horrible? LOL
    I so know what you mean! lol i love watching my skinny mini sister eat her potato chips while i eat my apple:laugh:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wrong. I think if u feel comfortable enough with yourself to bring you own food, then rock on! I would aslo reccomend though as other's have said, bringing a salad or something else healthy to share, fruit salad is always a hit! :)
  • shollingsworth
    Options
    Take 'em! The party host should absolutely understand what you are trying to do and that you are wiling to do what it takes to achieve success. I say go for it, but if you're worried about offending them, you could just snack for about 100 or 200 calories worth and then eat something more substantial after the party.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i would eat healthy before i went, and then just nibble on something there.. that way if you do eat something not on your healthy diet, it will not be as much as going hungry
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input... Yes I AM VERY CLOSE to them I have know them for over 16 years and it was a 3 hour event... SO not eating isnt an option. I just cant see eating 15 pts for a hamburger when i can eat 4 bun and all with two hot dogs... I have come too far.... I was just curious what others do...THANKS again....:bigsmile: She had me bring my taco dip and fruit salad as well.. Some one else had the veggie platter..lol
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I love to be the only one eating healthy while others are pigging out and feeling guilty, it's one of my secret pleasures:devil: Isn't that horrible? LOL
    I so know what you mean! lol i love watching my skinny mini sister eat her potato chips while i eat my apple:laugh:

That is just sick :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When am I going to get to that place, where I would really enjoy my little apple while everyone else is eating potato chips?????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It depends on how well I know the people bbqing! With most of my friends I would have no qualms at all about bringing my stuff and saying "hey, dude! throw these on the grill for me!" :wink:
  • jasha80
    jasha80 Posts: 8
    Options
    hot dogs are gross.....
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    hot dogs are gross.....

I'm so with you on that one! I learned what was in hot dogs when I was 12 and haven't had one since!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Whenever I'm not sure what to do I try to switch places with someone. "How would I feel if someone brought their own food to my party?" Like ppl were saying it depends on how close you are. If it was somone that I didn't know that well bringing their own food I'd be pretty insulted...but if I was good friends and knew they were trying to lose weight...different story.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I would say if they are very close friends who are supportive and know what you are doing to change your lifestyle then it won't be a big deal for you to bring something of your own. I mean, if I were the one having the bbq and I knew someone was doing this, I would welcome it and even offer to get the things myself.

If they are people you don't know well, then maybe just plan accordingly. Stash a few discreet snacks in your bag to munch on instead of the chips and stuff and then have one hot dog or a burger with no cheese, etc. Or bring your own stuff anyway! Sheesh, you need to eat too! LOL!

My motto on here is that life does get in the way sometimes....and part of a healthy lifestyle is allowing yourself a treat from time to time. Just get right back on track tomorrow. It isn't a big deal! I TOTALLY understand though. Summer is here, which means BBQ galore! :grumble: :grumble:

My husband doesn't eat beef or pork, so we are always having to bring turkey dogs or veggie burger, etc...if he can get away with it, I think you can too!!

Take care!

-Tami
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    hot dogs are gross.....

I'm so with you on that one! I learned what was in hot dogs when I was 12 and haven't had one since!

If you have a Trader Joes nearby....try their Turkey Hot Dogs...they have no weird products and no nitrates, etc...and are low in fat and calories and super flavorful. That is the only hot dog I eat now
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    regular beef hotdogs aren't that bad for you if you only have 1. Plan for it in your day or eat before you go. I think it would be rude to bring your own food unless you have an allergy or illness that prevents you from eating what is being offered.