IS it wrong?

2»

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    I :heart: to grill out, I mean absolutely :heart: :heart: :heart: it.

That said, when I have friends and family over, I am always throwing on extra stuff for people. My motto is:

"I don't care, as long as you share!" (It even ryhmes!!!!)

I don't see it being a problem at all as long as you verify who ever is cooking is cool with it. Seriously, why should it be a problem? If you have friends that are going to have a conniption fit because you want to eat healthier, then by jove, you just come on over to my house.

We'll grill healthy all freakin day long.

And you can take *that* to the bank. woo!

emergency-bank.jpg
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    I bring my own food to the family get togethers I go to but when it comes to an event where I don't know the majority really well or special events like my cousins wedding coming up I'm just going to eat before I go and after I come back. I think if you are sure they won't mind or that it won't be embarrassing do what you got to do to stay on track.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    MFP'ers are all so smart!!! Look at those great ideas...

I agree with the majority here... because you are such close friends, bring food with you, but as Sarge says, bring enough to share! :smile:

I also sometimes like to avoid the whole "diet" talk - I was at a party last night, and everyone had opinions, "You don't need to lose anymore weight", "Why don't you try South Beach", "Calorie counting doesn't work", "Just forget the last 10 pounds", blah, blah, blah...

Btw... what is a "FF hotdog"? Are they that calorically different from a regular hotdog? For the sake of 50 or 100 calories, I would just eat what they've got! Lug less with you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    MFP'ers are all so smart!!! Look at those great ideas...

I agree with the majority here... because you are such close friends, bring food with you, but as Sarge says, bring enough to share! :smile:

I also sometimes like to avoid the whole "diet" talk - I was at a party last night, and everyone had opinions, "You don't need to lose anymore weight", "Why don't you try South Beach", "Calorie counting doesn't work", "Just forget the last 10 pounds", blah, blah, blah...

Btw... what is a "FF hotdog"? Are they that calorically different from a regular hotdog? For the sake of 50 or 100 calories, I would just eat what they've got! Lug less with you!
    YES Fat free hot dogs only have 40 cals and no fat... so i can eat two. with lite buns and its only 4 pts..(I use this site and ww) The weigh in helps...I took the suggestion to take enough to share.. they thought i wanted them all cooked FOR ME.. LOL.... BUT I am glad i did take them because the hambugers they bought were 340 calories and 32 grams of fat... SO 4 pts compared to 24 pts is a HUGE THING.. plus I made the taco dip..( HEALTHY) and brought fruit salad... THey also had CAKE which i did not eat, potato salad had 2 bite serving, pasta salad, 2 bite serving and fruit and veggies.... Thanks for the input... Some people do get very annoyed if you bring your own food but in that case if I can't Then I don't go because FOOD IS MY WEAKNESS Thanks everybody:bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Glad it all worked out!

FF - fat free!!! Ohhhh!!! We are not hot dog people do I didn't know!
  • spaul82478
    Glad it all worked out!

FF - fat free!!! Ohhhh!!! We are not hot dog people do I didn't know!
    I eat hot dogs in the summer..b ut they have to be burnt off the grill... I usually eat chicken but i thought that would be rude since everyone else was eatting hotdogs and hamburgers....lol... I use some fat free stuff but mainly low fat depnding on what it is.... :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I am so glad you had a great time. I love that you brought enough to share, and that you knew these people for so long. That really helps. Don't you absolutely feel great about your success???

l_6f7cae94e9d3aa587eb3da04c09c44d6.gif
  • spaul82478
    I am so glad you had a great time. I love that you brought enough to share, and that you knew these people for so long. That really helps. Don't you absolutely feel great about your success???

l_6f7cae94e9d3aa587eb3da04c09c44d6.gif
    YES I DO.. its been really hard going to peoples houses.. but I am determined to loose this weight no matter what the cost.... I Deserve it... THANKS A LOT FOR THE MOTIVATION!!!!
This discussion has been closed.