I'm going on a "Scale Diet" -- want to join me? LOL

Options

Replies

• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It took so much self-control to not get on the scale today - but I did it!! lol
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale junkie! I can't do it!!!! LOL..

C'mon girl. You can do it!!
  • TrainerRobin
    Options

Me too. I kept walking by it wondering .....
    But I stuck to it!! I kind of think that by not knowing, I'm being a little "better" with my food than I might otherwise be. Just not sure where I am and that seems to be more motivating somehow. Anyone else finding this to be true?
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I actually thought about doing this. I weigh B4 bed and right when I wake up. Its frustrating not seeing the scale move as often as I would like it, so this would be good for me! I'm going to ask my hubby to hide it from me for a few weeks! =)
    I am one of those people who weighs themselves every day and it's not a problem -- I' okay with seeing fluctuations up and down and stay focused. But just for the sake of knowing I can break myself of this habit and just to see if it makes any difference, I'm going on a "Scale Diet." Effective yesterday, I am committing to only weighing myself once a week (my day is Saturday) until April 1st.

Want to join me?
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I'm totally obsessed with weighing myself. I definitely want to join in! I'm going to start out with not weighing myself for 4 days.
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I have this problem too. Back when I did Weight Watchers I weighed myself constantly and it made me crazy. Then I stopped completely once I started gaining weight and that wasn't the answer either because when I finally did break the scale back out I'd gained 20lbs. I'm committed to once a week now. I had my husband hide my scale on me and told him not to give it back until Thursday night so I can weigh in Friday morning. I can't trust myself ;)
  • Liatush
    Options

Me too. I kept walking by it wondering .....
    But I stuck to it!! I kind of think that by not knowing, I'm being a little "better" with my food than I might otherwise be. Just not sure where I am and that seems to be more motivating somehow. Anyone else finding this to be true?

That's exactly how I feel.... like, if I had a salad for dinner, I feel like it should show immediately on the scale and if it doesnt, I get disappointed and demotivated. If I don't weigh myself every 2 minutes, I feel like I have to be consistently good to see results at the end of the week.
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    I am in...The scale is evil...then when your gym scale does not match you home scale you go even more insane !!!

I actually hid my home scale the other day so this will help me be more accountable.

We can do it :ohwell:
  • sarahelmtree
    sarahelmtree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will do twice a week... i'm a bit obsessive.

Wednesdays and Sundays
  • want_to_be_skinny
    Options
    must be something in the air.. i decided to do this on friday.. once a week hope i can stick to it...friday will be my day

145716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in...The scale is evil...then when your gym scale does not match you home scale you go even more insane !!!

I actually hid my home scale the other day so this will help me be more accountable.

haha I threw my home scale out a couple of months ago and now I only weigh myself at the gym!! I feel much better.. highly recommended!:flowerforyou:
  • Shelle_G
    Shelle_G Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! The fluctuations ruin my motivation! My weigh day is Tuesday!
  • raeray84
    Options
    I am totally in! I have gotten so fanatical about checking my weight a couple to several times a day. Most of the time it ends in frustration and disappointment. I don't really know what it is that I am expecting to see. Right now I am losing a pound a day, which is great so why do I feel the need to check my weight a couple hours after I already checked it? I have actually asked my husband to hide the scale from me---hidden REAL well so there is no chance that I will find it. That really makes me sound like a junky doesn't it!!? Okay, so my new weigh in will be on Fridays because that is when I last officially weighed in. And what is that also, it isn't like I register my weight everyday on the site, so I should only check it when I am going to put it on here. LOL :)
  • TrainerRobin
    Options
    Well, ladies I think this "Scale Diet" is working. I'm down 6.2 pounds in just one week. Amazing! I used to see a drop of a pound or two and then I'd let up a bit on my eating but this NOT KNOWING kept me on the straight and narrow. I'm still committed to making it on this "Scale Diet" until April 1st.

Report back in here ladies -- I want to know how it's going for all of you!
  • Liatush
    Options
    Robin - I am so glad this worked for you...

Not sure this is working for me. It took so much control not to jump on the scale and I think after a whole week my expectations were that I'd lose roughly a pound or two. When I got on the scale and it only showed a loss of 0.2 (huh?!), I was really disappointed.
  • susanaz
    susanaz Posts: 24
    Options
    me! me! me!.....pick me!!! haha, yeah I do the same thing and I will start on Sat too :)
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    TrainerRobin, I'm assuming by your user name here you're a trainer, so I'm guessing you're well aware of this, right?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/159121-don-t-be-discouraged-by-the-scale
  • TrainerRobin
    Options
    TrainerRobin, I'm assuming by your user name here you're a trainer, so I'm guessing you're well aware of this, right?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/159121-don-t-be-discouraged-by-the-scale

Preaching to the Preacher. Yep -- I've got it. But good that you shared -- informational for other folks for sure! :)
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Oops, I just saw your signature lol yup, a preacher indeed LOL
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey Robin!

We have the same opinion about calories and BMR, so I thought maybe I should join you on this one.
    Unfortunately I leave for Florida in 4 more days ....
    But I will weigh the morning after I return ..... and try to stick to the scale diet. You are right to some extent though...I always said that the daily fluctuations didnt bother me (and they didnt) but what I never realized is I may "let up" on myself when the scale is going in the right direction... like its ok to have that cookie because the scale says I am down...

I need an intervention -- I weigh 3 times daily right now... and I KNOW its not healthy...