Filling Dinner Under 300?

Options
Any suggestions for a filling dinner thats under 300 calories...thats not salad (or a version of a salad)? I'm having a bit of an off day, and that's all I have left. But I'd rather barf than eat a salad today. haha

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    ooh I have a perfect Idea. 1/2 of Brown Rice, 1 c of chopped asparagus, and 3 oz chicken breast followed by 20 mins of running or elliptical :)

Do some more exercise so you can get a few more cals :) good luck
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Cous Cous!
  • everet36
    Options
    sushi. beef jerky. i'm serious
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A lot of Lean Cuisine or Smart One Frozen Dinners are under 300 calories.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    chicken breast and veggies. :) or fish
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    chili made with lean turkey is 150 cal /cup
    cottage cheese is pretty low cal and filling and good with chili. (at least if you make insane hot chili and need to cool it down. :)
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    beans and rice
    or scrambled eggs with tomatoes, spinach. and whole wheat toast or wrap
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    morning star farms garden vege pattie, whole wheat sandwhich thin, slice of 2% cheese.. 255 calories and super filling:flowerforyou:
  • danmullen
    Options
    I was running low on calories a couple of nights ago so I did half an hour of Wii Fit and earned enough to have a proper evening meal :)
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If I'm light on calories I will have a bowl of oatmeal (1 Cup Serving) with some fruit - very filling! I like to have deli meat on hand for this reason as well. I use the Oscar Mayer packaged deli meats (I know a lot of people have issues with Deli Meat, but its better than some alternatives!) I put about 4 slices of the roasted chicken breast on an Arnold Sandwich thin, add a slice of swiss cheese, baby spinach and yellow mustard. Pair it with carrot sticks or celery sticks and you have a light filling meal.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    PIZZA!!
    flat out wraps: 90cals
    1/4 cup fat free cheese: 45 cals
    1/4 cup Spaghetti sauce: 20 cals
    1/2 cup onions: 23 cals
    Add any veggies you like!
    green peppers, olives, etc, etc.
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i just had quorn meatballs, with a home made tomato sauce (just tinned with some garlic/onion) an a little bit rice. came to just under 300kcals.

was tasty an i'm full. :)
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Check out website hungrygirl.com this recipe is from that and many many others, lighter versions of foods we love but are horrible for us, good luck

Chop Chop Beef stir fry (hungry girl)
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 293 calories, 6.5g fat, 914mg sodium, 26g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 35g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 7*

1/2 cup fat-free beef broth
    1/2 cup fat free reduced sodium beef broth
    1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
    1/2 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
    1/2 tbsp. chopped garlic
    1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
    4 oz. raw lean beefsteak filet
    Dash salt, or more for optional seasoning
    2 cups broccoli florets
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 cup sugar snap peas
    2 tbsp. chopped scallions
    Optional garnish: thinly sliced scallions
    In a bowl, combine beef broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper. Whisk until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.

Season beef with salt and thinly slice. Add to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add broccoli, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, scallions, and 1/4 cup of the marinade from the beef. Stirring occasionally, cook until broccoli softens, about 3 minutes. Add beef and remaining marinade. Stirring occasionally, cook until beef is cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes.

Serve it up and, if you like, season to taste with additional salt and garnish with sliced scallions. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • Oenone
    Oenone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As many veggies as you can eat stir fry with soy sauce and lemon with some chicken or beef and brown rice
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Tyson grilled chicken breast 110. Better crocker instant mashed potatoes 80, and green giant individual serving broccoli and cheese 45. So thats 235 calories, you would even be able to throw in a roll if you wanted.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    baked sweet potato!
  • kpepper07
    Options
    Members Marks (Sam's) chicken brat with mozzarella and Roasted Garlic 110 calories a piece and add some veggies I add in a single serving bag of brussel sprous (50 calories) 170 calories total. Add one more brat for under 300 and it is filling and tastes oh so good!!!!
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    I was running low on calories a couple of nights ago so I did half an hour of Wii Fit and earned enough to have a proper evening meal :)
    [/quote

LOL! Sad isn't it? :cry: ]
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Allrecipies.com will let you search for recipes under 300 calories--just put in whatever you're craving (beef? chicken? rice? soup? whatever) and it will come back with recipes with that ingredient that are under 300 cals. It's so great to be able to search this way!
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    chicken breast and veggies. :) or fish

This is always my calorie saver at the end of the day when I havent got much left to play with.