"Cook This, Not That" cookbook

Options
Does anyone have this cookbook? I'm a fan of the "Eat This, Not That" articles that I see on Yahoo once in a while and I was thinking about buying this cookbook. If anyone on here has it, do the recipes really stand up to their restaurant counterparts? I always love going out to eat and I think if I had healthy alternatives to the restaurant foods that I love I wouldn't crave eating out so much.

Replies

• CoffeeMomma
    Options
    I have borrowed this book from our library and it is pretty great! I tried a couple recipes and they turned out to be wonderful!
    If you decide to buy the book it's least expensive @ WalMart or Sam's Club. :happy:
  • BeTrue2Yourself
    BeTrue2Yourself Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have this book but yet to make anything. I bought mine at Borders with a 50% off coupon. Another great cookbook is The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. Many recipes, very delicious!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have the Cookbook and while I don't think (at least the recipes I've tried) would fool anyone, they are still great all on their own!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I'm not sure how much they match up to restaurants, because I've never eaten at some of these places, but the food is pretty good. Make sure if you use pre-made pizza crusts rather than their dough (which they offer as an option) that you do the recipe calculator on MFP - my pizza came out pretty different than their calculation. This is always a good idea for recipes though.