Hi, my name is Brian and I'm an alcoholic..

Options
..oh, wait. Wrong introduction.

As I said, my name is Brian. I'm a 26 year old correctional officer from Florida.

Anyways, like many here I'm beginning on this long, hard road of weight loss. I'm currently at 234lbs and would like to get to around 200lbs over the next few months. I've been working on this for a little over a week now and, so far, I'm doing pretty good. My diet is going great and I'm hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Although I must say, my cravings for some beer, wings, and pizza grow stronger everyday. But, I just try to keep my eye on the prize and not give in.

Well, I'll keep it short.. Feel free to add me. I could use the motivation from others!

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Wait...we're not supposed to have beer, wings and pizza? I've been doing this all wrong!

Seriously, though, don't deprive yourself of the things you love. Just plan ahead to work them into your day and you'll feel much more satisfied because eating those things you enjoy, just in moderation, will make your new lifestyle sustainable for the long haul.

Best of luck to you on this journey!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The support here is great!
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Welcome Brian!!! I wish you all the luck in the world! I know how hard this is, I too crave pizza, and wings, oh and Beer!! I'm not into wine or liquor, I want beer. But, I'm doing really good about pushing these things away. Anyway, good Luck to you!
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options

As I said, my name is Brian. I'm a 26 year old correctional officer from Florida.

Anyways, like many here I'm beginning on this long, hard road of weight loss. I'm currently at 234lbs and would like to get to around 200lbs over the next few months. I've been working on this for a little over a week now and, so far, I'm doing pretty good. My diet is going great and I'm hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Although I must say, my cravings for some beer, wings, and pizza grow stronger everyday. But, I just try to keep my eye on the prize and not give in.

Well, I'll keep it short.. Feel free to add me. I could use the motivation from others!

Hi Brian,

Please throw some of your mega dedication this way!! I can see myself getting a bit lazy with the weight loss. So far, I haven't but don't hole your breath! Haha.

Adding you now. :) x x x
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    just stay focused on your goal
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I can completely relate to the cravings. I love when you crave something you typically never would eat anyway. The other day I wanted a jelly donut...the last donut I ate was probably 5 years ago and it would never be jelly.
  • blewis1984
    blewis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I definately love my beer. And as Heather said, I'm not going to deprive myself. This coming weekend will be two weeks since I began my diet, so I plan on rewarding myself. It's nice having that to look forward to.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is amazing, no matter HOW much weight you have to lose! The support, the forums, the friends. Yeah, this site rocks!! :heart:
  • AnnaLeigh85
    AnnaLeigh85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian!

Lucky for me I live in a state where the only wings I can find are at Domino's, and well, we know how those wings are. You can do it! Stick to those calories and you will see the weight start to drop. I am down 20 lbs since starting right after Christmas, you just have to stick with it. I'll send ya an invite, the motivation has really helped me thus far.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    If you really want pizza buy the wheat pizza crust from most grocery stores and some low fat cheeses. I like cheddar and mozzarella. then put spinach, broccoli, onions and any other veggies you like. It tastes great! Alot better then it sounds. :happy:
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love posts with humor! Welcome to the site. I know what you mean about the cravings as well. I've learned to really focus on what about it I'm craving and try and find a substitute for it. For example last night I was really craving ice cream. When I thought about it, I was craving the coldness of it. After some ice water with lemon, craving was completely gone :) Although beer will always be beer haha.
  • sassysara
    sassysara Posts: 4 Member
    Options

This topic made me laugh out loud! : )

Good luck and welcome to the site! I know it has helped me a lot just to have strangers tell me they're proud of me (which sounds strange but is actually really cool!) : )
  • HOPEC76
    Options
    HI BRIAN IM HERE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT ALSO AND IT SUCKS.....IM GOING TO REWARD MYSELF THIS WEEKEND AND ONLY ON WEEKENDS IM GONNA GO GET WINGS SO HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK....HOPE
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Your post made me smile.

By the way....January 2nd, I celebrated 25 years clean and sober. :)
  • Mikiki_x
    Options
    Ohh no now you made me fancy some wings from dinner...

welcome to the site :D x
  • deandp371
    Options
    "Hi Brian"!