How did YOU find MFP?

Options
mrsewert
mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
Myself ... it was the application on my Droid. Once I had that down to a science I jumped online and started playing around. I love love love this site and all of the amazing supportive and inspirational people that come along with it.

So what's your story?

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So what's your story?
    I was born a coal miner's daughter....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I went on line to find a website on counting calories and found MFP. So glad I did. :happy:
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    I was told by a friend who had been using the site and dropping pounds!

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My BFF told me about it :bigsmile:

Hey MamaEllis, nice ticker. I heart Keith :love:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I was talking about diet and exercise at lunch, and a co-worker recommended the site to me. I LOVE it!
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Myself ... it was the application on my Droid. Once I had that down to a science I jumped online and started playing around. I love love love this site and all of the amazing supportive and inspirational people that come along with it.

So what's your story?

Same thing with me. I got the android app then visited the site one day and found so much more.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Another mom on Cafemom suggested it and figured "what the hell..why not check it out"
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    So what's your story?
    That's a cheap way to explain those moobs!

My wifey found it first...
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    My BFF and co-worker showed me the app on her i-phone...and then I found it on my droid. :happy:
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    A girl from another forum I belong to....www.projectwedding.com . When I was planning my wedding, a fellow member said she had been using this site to reach her weight loss goals for her wedding. I came on and have been coming faithfully for almost a year.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I was on a chat forum on Teambeachbody.com and someone told me they used this site to track their food. I created an account that day and have been on here ever since (a year and a half now)!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A college friend, who also got me turned on to C25K was posting her MFP log on Facebook and I looked into it. Now I have a few other folks using it too!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    So what's your story?

:laugh:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    A teacher in my sons school
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    A friend of mine was talking about using it. I think she's since quit, but I'm still here... plugging away and loving it! I've told everybody I know about it and 5 or 6 of them have signed up.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I wasnt even dieting or or watching calories, I was just playing around online and came across it and decided to check it out. It was july 17 my husbands bday after everyone had gone home and I got the kids in bed. I decided to really give it a shot and see what happens. I have lost 49lbs since. I really needed to lose weight but because of so many health problems had just given up. I am so glad I found this site.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So what's your story?
    That's a cheap way to explain those moobs!
    hey...up here buddy. I have a face ya know.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A fitness trainer told me about this site. He had been hired by the city to help out city employees lose weight. After 2 visits I was so disappointed to hear that they weren't keeping him and his partner on, he told me about MFP. I looked it up and was hooked. I owe my weight loss to this site. Lots of encouraging people! I love it!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My hubby got the Iphone app and told me about! We both love it!!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I first heard about MFP on the Today Show. I was watching and they had Tami Shumate on she is an MFPer and they were doing her story last August and I was so blown away by her success that I went on the website and signed right up!! The rest is history!! I am friends on facebook with Tami she is so wonderful!!!! She is still on MFP too. She's a busy lady!! Such a sweetheart!!