How did YOU find MFP?

Options

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    iphone app that I used occasionally then went online. :)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a way to count calories and downloaded like 4 apps for my iPhone this is the only app that actually had a huge variety of foods so I stuck with it a while. It wasn't until months later that i even knew there WAS a website lol. Sadly, I slid back and fell off the wagon/gained the weight back. But I came back in August and have been here daily since.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I met goal while on the Slim-Fast Optima Plan. Then they changed plans to one that I and many others weren't happy with. One gal from a form I was on back there let me know about this site and I have been here ever since! It's been great for me being on maintenance and also great for my pals from the old site and new pals here, to get healthy. I still log my food and exercise daily, just like when I was on the journey downward at SF.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    the (veggie) farm that i have a CSA share to posted a link to a local foodie blog and in that blog, one of the contributors mentioned that she was training for a half-marathon (so was I) and that she had found this site and it was really helping her adjust her eating patterns and treating food as fuel for athletic performance. Sounded exactly like something i would want to check out, so i came on here and the rest is history! :) (I've lost about 35 lbs in a half year with MFP and had lost only 15 in the half year before that!) My goal has always been to become physically fit w weight loss as a nice side-benefit! :)
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yahoo Answers! lol
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about it, he's been here for ages.

Hey Sean! <3
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I used to use another calorie counting website that was more Australian but I heard they were going to a paid system so I started looking for alternatives. Found the Iphone app and I was hooked :)
  • canoekayak
    Options
    a friend of mine told me about it.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    I found the application on my android, read the tutorial and visited the site. :D
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Some friends of mine started using an app to track their calories at the beginning of last year. When i saw them at a party in March, they looked great so I inquired about what they were using. I downloaded the one they told me that instant and entered my info. But when I told it my weight, how much I wanted to lose a week and my goal weight, it told me that at a rate of 2lbs a week I would lose 30 pounds by April of 2011. O_o No matter how I entered, it couldn't do simple math to give the right date. So I figured that if it couldn't even figure that out, I didn't want it tracking my calories.

But I liked the idea of very detailed accountability (I'm kinda weird like that) so I searched for more apps of the same kind. Downloaded all the free ones, entered my info into all of them and tested the UI's on all of them. I liked MFP the most so I deleted all the others and kept MFP. Started tracking the next day and never looked back. And I still love getting uber detailed about what I'm eating. I use free time to plan out meals days in advance and search for foods and put new things together using the app all the time. I'm in the app more than any other app on my phone. lol I've used the website every now and again, but really only discovered how great the message boards are in the last day or so, so I've been hanging out here when I have the time.

Oh, and the other app did finally fix it's math issues. I was showing another friend the app and downloaded a few to show the different options (and how MFP was superior) and noticed that when I entered all the info in that first app months later, it gave the right calculations. :)
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A Facebook friends post about how much weight loss she had since joining here.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    I downloaded the app for my Droid when i was looking for something to log in my calories.
    It took me about a month to figure out there was a website. Im hooked!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    a friend told me about it on facebook
  • MsSunshine2011
    Options
    My roommate uses this website.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    iPhone. I got an iPhone and was downloading almost every free app that there was for it.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    search for free calorie counting apps for my iPhone
  • redruthie
    Options
    One of my facebook friends would post his exercise and food diary logs. I became interested and joined right away! I was looking for a means of getting fit and I am so glad that I reconnected with this h/s friend.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    paretnting magazine suggest it and said it was free! so guess where i went?!?!
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I found MFP in Parents magazine. There was an article on losing weight and online help. This one was free. Went online to check it out and it had exactly what I needed. Something to make me accountable for what I eat and how much exercise I do. I am have only being doing this for a few days, but I already LOVE it!
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to MFP by my brother. I an thankful for him showing me this site.