DESIGNER weight control

Options
Protein shake

I've been using it for about a month now. I love it! I drink it right when I get home between my snack and dinner and I've noticed I don't need too much food tor dinner to fill me up and I get tons of energy. Instead of the usual of coming home and passing out for a couple of hours I get enough energy to stay awake til bed time and to work out for hours!

Is anyone else using it?

Replies

• tiliquinones
    Options
    Protein shake

I've been using it for about a month now. I love it! I drink it right when I get home between my snack and dinner and I've noticed I don't need too much food tor dinner to fill me up and I get tons of energy. Instead of the usual of coming home and passing out for a couple of hours I get enough energy to stay awake til bed time and to work out for hours!

Is anyone else using it?
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    some girls at my old job swear by it. the one lady lost 30lbs drinking thast once a day.
    how does it taste???

maybe ill try it for my 3pm snack if it doesnt tase bad.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    I too love a protein shake. Its great for a post gym recovery. I mix in some flax seed and 1/4 cup blueberries and a 1/4 dannon light & Fit vanilla yogurt. Slap a few ice cubes...heaven. Its a great way not to snack while making dinner.
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    some girls at my old job swear by it. the one lady lost 30lbs drinking thast once a day.
    how does it taste???

maybe ill try it for my 3pm snack if it doesnt tase bad.

Well for me, if I mix it with soy milk it's delicious, but when I don't have many calories available I mix it with water and that doesn't taste so delicious...lol It comes in Vanilla and Chocolate flavors. I'm drinking the chocolate one!
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    I too love a protein shake. Its great for a post gym recovery. I mix in some flax seed and 1/4 cup blueberries and a 1/4 dannon light & Fit vanilla yogurt. Slap a few ice cubes...heaven. Its a great way not to snack while making dinner.

That sounds very good!! I think I might try it sometime :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    What brand of protein drink do you guys get? I've always had awful luck with finding one with reasonable calories that tastes deccent.
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    What brand of protein drink do you guys get? I've always had awful luck with finding one with reasonable calories that tastes deccent.

I like Designer Whey 100, Chocolate. One scoop = 100 Calories. More calories for me, I mix it with skim milk which adds another 90 calories. And if I need more calories for my day I blend it with a frozen banana, almond butter, and skim milk, now that tastes good
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Where do you pick it up?
  • frankp
    Options
    Where do you pick it up?

I get it at Trader Joe's (I actually do all my food shopping at Trader Joe's)
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I've never heard of Trader Joe's.
  • frankp
    Options
    Trader Joe's first started in Southern California (I'm in San Diego). They have spread to other parts of the country. They have a store locator on their web site. Everyone I talk to says they "love" Trader Joe's.