Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

DESIGNER weight control

tiliquinones
tiliquinones Posts: 59
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
Protein shake

I've been using it for about a month now. I love it! I drink it right when I get home between my snack and dinner and I've noticed I don't need too much food tor dinner to fill me up and I get tons of energy. Instead of the usual of coming home and passing out for a couple of hours I get enough energy to stay awake til bed time and to work out for hours!

Is anyone else using it?

Replies

• Protein shake

I've been using it for about a month now. I love it! I drink it right when I get home between my snack and dinner and I've noticed I don't need too much food tor dinner to fill me up and I get tons of energy. Instead of the usual of coming home and passing out for a couple of hours I get enough energy to stay awake til bed time and to work out for hours!

Is anyone else using it?
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    some girls at my old job swear by it. the one lady lost 30lbs drinking thast once a day.
    how does it taste???

maybe ill try it for my 3pm snack if it doesnt tase bad.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    I too love a protein shake. Its great for a post gym recovery. I mix in some flax seed and 1/4 cup blueberries and a 1/4 dannon light & Fit vanilla yogurt. Slap a few ice cubes...heaven. Its a great way not to snack while making dinner.
  • some girls at my old job swear by it. the one lady lost 30lbs drinking thast once a day.
    how does it taste???

maybe ill try it for my 3pm snack if it doesnt tase bad.

Well for me, if I mix it with soy milk it's delicious, but when I don't have many calories available I mix it with water and that doesn't taste so delicious...lol It comes in Vanilla and Chocolate flavors. I'm drinking the chocolate one!
  • I too love a protein shake. Its great for a post gym recovery. I mix in some flax seed and 1/4 cup blueberries and a 1/4 dannon light & Fit vanilla yogurt. Slap a few ice cubes...heaven. Its a great way not to snack while making dinner.

That sounds very good!! I think I might try it sometime :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    What brand of protein drink do you guys get? I've always had awful luck with finding one with reasonable calories that tastes deccent.
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    What brand of protein drink do you guys get? I've always had awful luck with finding one with reasonable calories that tastes deccent.

I like Designer Whey 100, Chocolate. One scoop = 100 Calories. More calories for me, I mix it with skim milk which adds another 90 calories. And if I need more calories for my day I blend it with a frozen banana, almond butter, and skim milk, now that tastes good
  • ChubbyBunny
    Where do you pick it up?
  • frankp
    Where do you pick it up?

I get it at Trader Joe's (I actually do all my food shopping at Trader Joe's)
  • ChubbyBunny
    I've never heard of Trader Joe's.
  • frankp
    Trader Joe's first started in Southern California (I'm in San Diego). They have spread to other parts of the country. They have a store locator on their web site. Everyone I talk to says they "love" Trader Joe's.
This discussion has been closed.