Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Deadlifts

2»

Replies

• strongchick
    strongchick Posts: 2 Member
    Convention on back days.

Romanian on leg day.

I can only do them once a week. They kill too much and take too much out of me.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    since they don't hit your legs very hard since you have to use a weight lighter than you can squat....

Wait, what? I'm confused. My 1RM back squat is 160# but my 1RM deadlift is 210#. (Yeah, whatever...I'm a girl.) Why do you say you have to use a lighter weight than you can squat?
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    since they don't hit your legs very hard since you have to use a weight lighter than you can squat....

Wait, what? I'm confused. My 1RM back squat is 160# but my 1RM deadlift is 210#. (Yeah, whatever...I'm a girl.) Why do you say you have to use a lighter weight than you can squat?

Not sure. My 1RM Deadlift is probably about 45-50 lbs lighter than my 1RM Squat as well.
  • ceebs9
    Maybe I just suck at squats.
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    It depends on how you are built. Some people will be better at deadlifts and others at squats or vice versa. There is no rule saying you will squat more than you will deadlift.
  • I'm just speaking in general terms.....some people, because of their build will deadlift more than they squat and some will squat more than they deadlift. Form also plays a part. When squating, I am talking about going to a 90 degree bend. Some people squat until their butt touches the back of their legs.

Most of the people that I have seen can squat (to 90 degrees) more than they can pull off of the floor.

My main point was that deadlifts typically do not stress your legs as much as squats do.
  • ceebs9
    Ahhh. Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I'm built to deadlift. Or maybe I'm scared of back squats. I'm fine down to a certain level but as I break parallel I find myself leaning too far forward. Still a work in progress.

I still say Deadlifts>Squats. :tongue:
  • lol.....understandable....you can't go wrong with either one!
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Hello :) Question for you please.

I did RDL's with a 40lbs ( I kept upping the weight and being further) and could feel nothing in my hamstrings or anywhere else for that matter..lol...

However, the next day I was considerable sore.....what's up with that?

Thank you! I always love your post you are always a wealth of info! May I add you as a friend?:smile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Really? I can feel it instantly when doing RDL's. Great stretch as well as working the muscles. How many sets and reps were you doing? Depending on how often you do the exercise, you may or may not feel it during the exercise (or after as your body adjusts).

And my 2c is there is no way I can squat the same as I can DL. 130kg squat (past 90deg), 160kg Deadlift and I don't have long limbs.