Jillian Michaels vs P90X

Options

Replies

• LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How did you know how many calories you burnt?.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Do you want to look like that cocky man or that sexy jillian?....Jillian gives it to you in 28 minutes in the shred with fast results, P90x is very long and for women you probably will get injured if doing to much jumping around!...jill is a great motivator, and her dvds dont cost that much $8-$11...p90x....$100+.......

Wow...so much hate for something you have never tried. As a female myself, I can say that I got in shape BECAUSE OF P90X!!! I did not EVER get injured. What I did get was totally lean and ripped in the best shape of my life!!!!!!

P90X costs that much because it is sooo much more than a couple of DVDs. It is 12 DVDs, a complete comprehensive nutrition guide and exercise guide, and also tools such as a measuring tape to track inches...

I have done both and feel that both are great for weight loss. But, for overall accelerated fitness that will get you lean and ripped, P90X it is. I've been doing it since 2007 and have dropped from 191 pounds to 128 at one point...stopped doing P90X and gained to 145 which is this year's starting point. I am currently on Day 19 of P90X and am already down to 142 pounds and my jeans no longer fit my waist...they hang on the hips. Plus my muscles are so much stronger now and can do military push-ups from the toes with ease.

While I don't think Jillian's DVDs are bad at all, cause I do like them, I just can't understand why anyone who has never even tried P90X would hate on it so much..................
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    How did you know how many calories you burnt?.

I burn about 250-280 calories in the level one workout for 30DS. I know this because I wear a HRM w/ a chest strap.
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    While I don't think Jillian's DVDs are bad at all, cause I do like them, I just can't understand why anyone who has never even tried P90X would hate on it so much..................

Fear? Lol. Because I won't lie, I want to do P90X, but it scares the crap out of me. ;)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Do you want to look like that cocky man or that sexy jillian?....Jillian gives it to you in 28 minutes in the shred with fast results, P90x is very long and for women you probably will get injured if doing to much jumping around!...jill is a great motivator, and her dvds dont cost that much $8-$11...p90x....$100+.......

So are you saying that women are weak and can't handle jumping around? Maybe we shouldn't workout at all. The only thing we need to lift are our kids. Hey, let's not do that either. There isn't an obesity epidemic. We should just sit around watching Dr. Phil and eat Bon Bon's all day.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of women who kick butt doing P90X! Right Ladies!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I've done Jillian's workouts (30DS and Shred it with Weights) and I like them.

I've done Power 90 and I love it.

I'm planning to start P90X in a few months and I'm GEEKED.

It's funny how when we like stuff we are a fan, when we don't it's a cult.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Do you want to look like that cocky man or that sexy jillian?

Nothing about Jillian Michaels is "sexy." Dude wishes she looked like a lady. Facially, she looks like a man.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Nothing about Jillian Michaels is "sexy." Dude wishes she looked like a lady. Facially, she looks like a man.

Have to disagree with you there. I think she is incredibly hot. Joking around with my wife we did that thing where you have to name one person who you would allow your spouse to have an affair with. Well mine was a tie between Jillian and Natalie Portman. She was ok with the tie... LOL!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't think the P90X folks seem like a cult, but many people talk about it in a very sales-pitchy way. I've got friends on here who post about it in a very natural way, but sometimes there are other people talking about P90X in a way that makes me wonder if they're real people, or if it's a viral marketing thing. Sometimes people post about P90X (and other products, too) and it sounds like a commercial, not someone who's super excited about their workout.
  • BR1986FB
    Options

Have to disagree with you there. I think she is incredibly hot. Joking around with my wife we did that thing where you have to name one person who you would allow your spouse to have an affair with. Well mine was a tie between Jillian and Natalie Portman. She was ok with the tie... LOL!

Don't get me wrong, she is physically in excellent shape but her face is very masculine.
  • MercuryBlue
    Options

Don't get me wrong, she is physically in excellent shape but her face is very masculine.

I actually really like her face. I think she's HAWT.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I don't think the P90X folks seem like a cult, but many people talk about it in a very sales-pitchy way. I've got friends on here who post about it in a very natural way, but sometimes there are other people talking about P90X in a way that makes me wonder if they're real people, or if it's a viral marketing thing. Sometimes people post about P90X (and other products, too) and it sounds like a commercial, not someone who's super excited about their workout.

I'm a Beachbody coach and in no way, shape or form do I try to peddle product on here. This isn't the place for it, IMO. Some people don't seem to feel the same way and want to try to "rah, rah" shove the product down peoples throats. Guess this is why I also don't sell a ton of product. :laugh:

P90X may not be for everyone but for the ones who HAVE completed it I'd bet you'd find few who were disatisfied with their results. It's a very sound & structured program. Requires a lot of discipline but it is doable for anyone who has the willpower/motivation.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, we are all here for the same reason to be the best that we can be and improve our health and lifestyle.

Every workout program is just as different as each and every one of us on this site.

What works for one person will not work for the next.

Why the need to disrespect a workout or the person that does it or teaches it?

Life is about learning and growing and if you don't expand your horizons and keep an open mind then you will live a very sheltered and miserable life.

We are all here to offer one another motivation, support, encouragement and advice and to share opinions. The idea is not to insult someone or the workout they chose to do.

I applaud everyone that puts one foot in front of the other and makes changes to live a healthier life.

Karen
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I disagree. Tony always has someone that shows how to modify the workouts. In the Plyometrics workout - his most extreme - Pam-the-blam barely jumps during some of the exercises as she is showing the modified workout. P90X is fine for men AND women that want to push to the next level.

If you meant it is not for the person just starting to exercise then yes, I agree, it is not for them.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am a 27 (almost 28) year old woman and I have to say that P90X has changed my life (and no I’m not a coach!). For several years I’ve been playing the on again off again game. I lost about 20 pounds for my wedding… a year later I gained that and then some. I tried doing C25K, I’ve tried 30DS, I’ve done other BB workouts and honestly I have never stuck to something the way I have P90X. It challenges me and makes me excited to work out everyday and see the kind of progress I’m making. It is the first thing that has actually not just changed my appearance (which is a nice bonus) but it has changed my mind and the way I think about life. If I can do this… I can do anything!!

With that being said, there has been a lot of animosity on the boards lately regarding beach body and specifically P90X. The tone and language used in some of these posts not very polite or supportive to each other. We as a MFP community should be respecting each others programs no matter what it is. If it works for you great!! If not, there are a lot of things out there to try and experiment with and find what is best for you. We are all here to support each other no matter where someone is in their journey or what they are doing. I think we (and I include myself in that) need to remember why we are here and be more supoprtive toward one another regardless if you are doing P90X, 30DS or just eating right and working out.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, we are all here for the same reason to be the best that we can be and improve our health and lifestyle.

Every workout program is just as different as each and every one of us on this site.

What works for one person will not work for the next.

Why the need to disrespect a workout or the person that does it or teaches it?

Life is about learning and growing and if you don't expand your horizons and keep an open mind then you will live a very sheltered and miserable life.

We are all here to offer one another motivation, support, encouragement and advice and to share opinions. The idea is not to insult someone or the workout they chose to do.

I applaud everyone that puts one foot in front of the other and makes changes to live a healthier life.

Karen

Well said!
  • karsmith0513
    Options
    I've used jillian, love it hadn't got past level 2, there was another thread on Chalean Extreme with the same concept as P90X done by a woman and most of the women who were commenting on Both Chal and p90 loved the Chalean, so I'm waiting. I agree to start with jillian if you really haven't exercised in a while maybe for just 2-3 weeks to get in the swing of things. Just my opinion. Good luck :smile:
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I vote neither - Bob Harper's series is butt-kicking and amazing!!!

Jillian's dvds are ok..but the time is often off, so it's hard to budget before you're familiar with them.

The whole BeachBody cult-like thing (it certainly feels that way to me) just scares me. LOL.

Cult? lol that's funny :P
    I say people are more afraid of extreme/intense workouts than anything else. The amount of people dragged to BeachBody products or P90X in this case is because of the real results. I've seen great workouts systems out there, but somehow I haven't seen results as good as with P90X (talking about self experience though) but this is just my opinion... I'm glad to be part of the "Cult" hehehee
    Agreed! I'm only 24 or 25 days in to P90X and am already seeing results. My belly looks flatter, my arms don't jiggle anymore, I've got more definition in my biceps and calves. I think those alone speak for themselves! Tony's lines are cheesy sometimes, but P90X is amazing!!!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tony may be cocky, but he gets results! Not saying Jillian doesn't, but I see much more results with Tony than I do with Jillian. Personally, I don't like Jillian. She annoys me. Tony has annoying sayings, but ya know, he works, and he works me hard!