What do you eat with your hummus?

Options
13»

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great ideas! well, i didn't know about hummus until i married a Lebanese man and hummus is served at almost every meal. I love eating it with dinner, just put it on the side of my plate and scoop a bit of hummus up with each bite.

i've tried it with Romaine and it's ok. I think it will be like that pretty much across the board with most vegetables and I'll probably just have to get used to it.

Hummus goes well w/ my slow carb diet, but the pita bread does not. I cannot have any "white" carbs - just veggies and legumes.

Can you do whole wheat pitas? Technically those aren't white carbs...
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!!!
  • MsSashaFire
    Options
    Just ate some with pita chips, but it's also good with cucumbers, and I also like it as a spread.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I loooooove hummus. My favorite is the Chicken Hummus Power Bowl. Its originally from Panera, but I've recreated it at home with spinach, cucumber, red onion, tomato and of course hummus and a grilled chicken breast. MMMMMMM. Fills me up and is less than 300 calories, depending on how much hummus and chicken you use. I also spread hummus on a whole wheat flat bread, add some spinach and cut up chicken breast and make a wrap. Another low calorie option. I rarely eat hummus as a snack....hmmm, maybe I should try that.