• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I just did 1931 hoola hoop spins!!!!:bigsmile:

My abs hurt:indifferent:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    :happy: Way To Go!! I don't have a wii, but I do love the wieghted hula hoop. Good Job, keep it up
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I get to play with one this weekend when I go visit my parents, can't wait! :)
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    wow.... go girlie! :flowerforyou:

so you going for 2k next time?
  • carpat
    carpat Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey I have a question, I have the wii also, I play almost every pm. However, I have the games, bowling , tennis etc... Is this excerise ?? if so hw do I put in system. (if not , boy am I outta shape, cause I do get tired after awhile on this playing all games )
    Trying to get the fitness wii, all stores are out at this time >>>>:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks gals!
    Crystal, that is my goal:wink:

carpat, I'm still trying to figure that out myself:ohwell:
  • trishastarr
    Options
    I am jealous.... We cannot find the Wii Fit ANYWHERE!!!!

I should have pre-ordered it. :sad:
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a question, I have the wii also, I play almost every pm. However, I have the games, bowling , tennis etc... Is this excerise ?? if so hw do I put in system. (if not , boy am I outta shape, cause I do get tired after awhile on this playing all games )
    Trying to get the fitness wii, all stores are out at this time >>>>:smile:

I don't think it does count as exercise. I have those games too and it's very little movement. My friends and I can play most of those games on a chair. The boxing game might be an exception, since the sensor sometimes makes you work harder. For that I would look for a light boxing training.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ok i have been against all play systems will not have them in the house but im in love with the wii i so want one and i want the wii fit so badly will have to look at it after we have been to aussie si (hubby) will laugh when i tell him i want one might have to check on trademe which is our ebay and see if i can find a cheap one finaly a system with decent family games
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    The Wii is a great console to have, especially for families. I like the idea of Wii Fit and I'm trying to save money for one. Mainly for the yoga and I like mini games over the long ones with a plot. Yet, the thing to remember is that the Wii Fit was designed to help encourage young people to get out and start moving around, not as a sole exercise system (I think we all know that though).

P.S. If any of you have questions of what games are not ok for kids...feel free to ask me, my boyfriend found a couple of odd ball games that even I have trouble watching him play.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    yes i was only wanting it as an extra thing to do ontop of going to the gym or for those days i cant get to the gym i can do that and games to play as a family on those cold winter days that we can get out.
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit and I only made it to 300 on the hula hoop. That is crazy I know your ads and hips are hurting. To the women that can't find the wii fit they only made 1million for the country which mean every state get about 1,000 to 2,000 wii fit. So if you don't preorder it you problem not going to get one for a while.:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I don't think it does count as exercise. I have those games too and it's very little movement. My friends and I can play most of those games on a chair. The boxing game might be an exception, since the sensor sometimes makes you work harder. For that I would look for a light boxing training.
    I'd have to disagree with you about the Wii games not counting as exercise. I do ALL of the games standing up and I certainly get into it. My arms get a great workout with the bowling, baseball & tennis. I stay away from golf b/c I basically suck at it. But, other than that, it is a good workout.

I know it's not the same as doing "the real thing" but you do get something out of it. In order to know how many cals you burn, you need a HRM (heart rate monitor). The boxing is AWESOME!

Just my 2 cents:wink:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I'll have you know miss Jo Jo that I won a hula hoop contest back in the day.....so far back that the prize was a Rocky tee shirt LOL....

I know what a good work out they are! good for you and that's quite impressive m'lady! :wink:

hugs!:heart:
    Ali
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    That Wii Fit sounds like so much fun!
  • sotypical
    sotypical Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think the Wii could count as exercise for sure. But it comes down to how much effort you put into it. When I play I put it as much effort as I can and do it standing.

There are people who have said they used their Wii to help them lose weight!
    http://www.wiiweightlossplan.com/

As far as Wii fit... I found one last night and snapped it right up! Really fun so far! :)
  • MegaBean
    MegaBean Posts: 14
    Options
    We are on a waiting list for a Wii... I can't wait!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Oh.. I wanna Rocky tee!!! Pass it on pwease Ali McBeal.:bigsmile:

MegaBean, you are going to :heart: it!
    Warning: IS VERY ADDICTING!:indifferent:

sotypical, I play it just like you. It's all or nothing! Oh, and I have a "special" move for bowling. I call it The Windmill:laugh: That's how I hurt my arm:grumble:

FD, it is fun! I know you love bellydancing so hoola hooping would be great for you!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Trying to get the fitness wii, all stores are out at this time >>>>

Actually, I just read an article in the Flordia Times Union about the exercise WII and if it counts as exercise. Yes, in some ways it does contribute to loss of calories and toning. It is just like doing a pilates tape in your living room. Actually, WedMD had an article about hula hooping in general. It is a great execise for your abs. It really can tone them up.

Thus, any kind of movement that keeps you active is exercise. Plus, the Wii is not regular video games, your moving and creating motion. It might not burn as many calories as a kickboxing class, but it still helps.:smokin:
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    I'd have to disagree with you about the Wii games not counting as exercise. I do ALL of the games standing up and I certainly get into it. My arms get a great workout with the bowling, baseball & tennis. I stay away from golf b/c I basically suck at it. But, other than that, it is a good workout.

I can see your point. I'm coming more from an actual gamer standpoint. My boyfriend and I have broken a lot of stuff going all out (the first set of straps for the Wii remote), so there's another reason why I don't consider Wii sports exercise. I have to tone it done so I don't break my tv. I just don't break a sweat playing those games anymore.:indifferent: I also think I'm a little skeptical of Wii fit and Wii sports since I've read reports says its good for you then I've read the same amount of reports saying it really doesn't help much.

It's good to see that it is help a lot of people though. I'm not trying to disrespect that at all (and I hope I'm not coming off that way:heart:). It's just that I am a gamer and I watch G4 (tech tv) which has video game reviews and other game related stuff. They even have a commercial that encourages those with Wii fit to get out and about (but that's because those watching it are usually lazy gamers, like I'm trying not to be).