Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wii Fit Hoola Hoop

2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I think we just have different definitions of 'exercise'.

Is Wii Fit activity? Yes.
    Will Wii Fit burn more calories than sitting? Yes.
    Will Wii Fit improve your mobility, balance, and strength? Depends on your current level of fitness.
    Will Wii Fit improve your cardiovascular health? Only if it brings your HR above 65% of your MHR.

It will be more challenging for some than others. If you currently hoola hoop, do yoga, or do step aerobics every day, this won't benefit you as much as someone who is brand new to exercise. It is definitely more active than sitting and playing a game, but for some it won't be as beneficial are more vigorous activity.
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    I think we just have different definitions of 'exercise'.

Is Wii Fit activity? Yes.
    Will Wii Fit burn more calories than sitting? Yes.
    Will Wii Fit improve your mobility, balance, and strength? Depends on your current level of fitness.
    Will Wii Fit improve your cardiovascular health? Only if it brings your HR above 65% of your MHR.

It will be more challenging for some than others. If you currently hoola hoop, do yoga, or do step aerobics every day, this won't benefit you as much as someone who is brand new to exercise. It is definitely more active than sitting and playing a game, but for some it won't be as beneficial are more vigorous activity.

I think you just said what I wanted to say, but I couldn't think of an intelligent way of saying it.:laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    You didn't disrespect me at all so no worries:bigsmile:
    Not everyone will get the same results and that goes with everything/anything else.
  • I just did 1931 hoola hoop spins!!!!:bigsmile:

My abs hurt:indifferent:

I just finished a "boot camp" class at the gym and used a Hoola-hoop.....haven't done that since like....well let's just say I haven't "hoola-ed" in a Looooooong time. Man! I still GOT it! It was so much fun!

I'm excited about this Wii Fit....I Gotta go hit the stores tomorrow and find one! Best Buy? Tar-jay? Any where they sell a Wii? What's my best bet on finding one?:tongue:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I really like Wii Tiger Woods 2008 on the hardest level!

Still not real golf, but I have SOOOO much fun with it!

I wish it was an OnLine game!

Anyone have Wii Smash Bros Brawl? I might try to challenge you to that one!

Imagine if Wii Fit was online! Imagine the contest we could have!
  • Healthier_Me
    I just did 1931 hoola hoop spins!!!!:bigsmile:

My abs hurt:indifferent:

I just finished a "boot camp" class at the gym and used a Hoola-hoop.....haven't done that since like....well let's just say I haven't "hoola-ed" in a Looooooong time. Man! I still GOT it! It was so much fun!

I'm excited about this Wii Fit....I Gotta go hit the stores tomorrow and find one! Best Buy? Tar-jay? Any where they sell a Wii? What's my best bet on finding one?:tongue:
    You should call around before heading out. Save yourself some trips:wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    I really like Wii Tiger Woods 2008 on the hardest level!

Still not real golf, but I have SOOOO much fun with it!

I wish it was an OnLine game!

Anyone have Wii Smash Bros Brawl? I might try to challenge you to that one!

Imagine if Wii Fit was online! Imagine the contest we could have!
    That's what I want!!! I want Wii to be online.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    That's what I want!!! I want Wii to be online.

Some games are (like Smash Bros).

Wii Fit or some type of on line challenge would be AWESOME! ~smiling~
  • carpat
    carpat Posts: 13
    Hello all... thanks for all your answers:smile::smile: I am still looking for nwii fitness..However, the games I still do nightly (bowling is the best) But I do feel like I get a workout with tennis, boxing & baseball !!!!! well last night I also rode my bike to the beach...sooooo I am trying . But I also gained back a pound last week ????? is this normal. I started in May , i lost 2 lbs, then the third week I put a pound on. I stay within my calories 1200 always, most times lower...Oh well I quess all will work out.
    Have a great day everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE :heart: , PEACE & HAPPINESS :happy: .
    Carole
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    My exercise with wii includes the following:
    wiisports boxing (BIG burner)
    wiifit (burnt 700 calories in 1 hour and 15 minutes)

I am going to be getting we ski, which supposedly is good for your hips, ankles, and abs using the balance board (you lean to ski).
  • Healthier_Me
    I did a little better than my last attempt... 1990 spins:bigsmile:
    I almost did it Crys!!:ohwell: 68 cals burned (or is it burnt?) to a crisp... not much but hey!
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    I'll have you know miss Jo Jo that I won a hula hoop contest back in the day.....so far back that the prize was a Rocky tee shirt LOL....

I know what a good work out they are! good for you and that's quite impressive m'lady! :wink:

hugs!:heart:
    Ali

Haha I won a hula hoop contest at a bar one time, I won some free drinks!! It was alot of fun though!

I just got the wii fit this weekend, its so fun. Just happened to be in wal mart early sat morning and walked by the video games and they had ONE! So we snatched it up. You will just have to call people everyday to see when they get them in! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.