Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Cooked this tonite for dinner, the whole family loved it!!!! Thanks so much for the recipe :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Cooked this tonite for dinner, the whole family loved it!!!! Thanks so much for the recipe :smile:

I made it last week again. Always popular around here!!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Adding this to my "To Try" stash :)
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    bump
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Had this for dinner tonight... added little more chicken, can of black beans, fresh mushrooms, doubled the sour cream (used fat free so it wasn't as bad!) and doubled the salsa. I nixed the taco seasoning bc I'm not crazy about that flavor unless I'm actually eating tacos... added some minced garlic, cumin, and fresh onion instead. Served over brown rice and it was DELICIOUS! My boyfriend freaked out over how good it was, he kept asking me if it was actually healthy lol. (Granted he had like 3 servings.) I have a little left over chicken and A LOT of left over sauce so I need to find ways to use that up... def gonna pour some sauce over a baked potato later this week... any other ideas for ways to use the sauce up? If nothing else I can just cook more chicken and add the sauce to it. Next time I prob won't use as much sour cream... maybe only half cup like the recipe calls for.

But yeah- great recipe! Thank you!!
  • Tiffnicmcclure
    Tiffnicmcclure Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im making this today for dinner :) sounds really good!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    bump. I am thinking of this for tomorrow night!!! Thanks!
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Sounds amazing .. can't wait to try it - sans the cream of mushroom! lol
  • aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nancye610
    nancye610 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump --- definitely want to try this! I have most of the ingedients so may have to make it for tomorrow! I have a big family to feed so the crockpot is a great way to do cooking! Thanks again!
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    I make it similar to this.... but instead I use:
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    jar of salsa mixed with 1/2 pack reduced sodium taco seasoning
    can of black beans drained
    1/2 can mexi-corn drained

I then just pour it all over the chicken and cook on high 6 hrs or low for 8 :) I just made this on Sunday and it was wonderful! I shred the chicken right in the crockpot and put on low-carb tortilla shell or on top of a salad.... delicious and so easy! :)
  • jquinte4
    jquinte4 Posts: 17
    Options
    We had this for dinner tonight. VERY Yummy. Thanks for the recipe. We added hominy to it and it was super delicious!!! I ALMOST FELT GUILTY FOR EATING IT. lol
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    I think I'll be trying this tomorrow!!
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I have it in the crockpot right now! I am concerned though because I added milk/water to the soup. I probably wasn't supposed to do that was I? I hope it still turns out :embarassed:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • sassy_laurie
    sassy_laurie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, I was looking for more slow cooker low cal recipes to help when working during the week.:happy:
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ohh... looks yummy :) Will try this one for sure!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Bump... due to some financial issues we are doing the chicken thing for a bit!
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    bump!