Curious about people who don't take classes

Options
13»

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have asthma, and for some reason, in a class, when I'm concentrating on keeping up/ not screwing up, I my asthma's way worse, and I can't breath at all. On the treadmill or elliptical, I can just relax and run, yeah I'm breathing hard, but I can breath.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I like going at my own pace, usually it's a pretty good pace. I don't want to wait around for others in the class. I also don't like the croweded feeling that classes probably have. I like to work out in my solitude. I have my headphones on and my hat pulled low. Classes aren't for me.
  • djmom1984
    djmom1984 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For mixing it up on the treadmill, I watch music videos on tv. Some make me run faster, others slow me down. If I can sing along, I increase the incline. They all last about 3 1/2 minutes, so it's a good way to get interval changes.:smile:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I love certain classes and dislike others...

I love RPM / Spin and work harder in a class then I would on my trainer at home in winter. However I also can't wait for spring and be out on my road bike.

I love Body Pump and find time flies in that class and it's a good all rounder for general conditioning. But then I also do free weights on my own.

I prefer to run on my own. I don't like running with company. The chatter irritates me. All I want to hear is my breathing and my footfall.

I hate all variations of aerobics and dance. I have tried Body Attack, Body Jam, Zumba... and hate them all.

I quite like Body Combat. It's great when you're in a bad mood.