how do you make your talipia?

Options
2»

Replies

• mel_istheshit
    Options
    Hungry Girl's go fish tacos! I use the left-over avocado to make quacamole that I serve over lettuce with diced tomatoes and salsa. The hubby loves this one too!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1514
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I usually bake mine...just a little EVOO brushed on the top then sprinkle either Lemon Pepper Seasoning or McCormick's Salmon Seasoning on it. The salmon seasoning tastes so delicious & it is the easiest main course ever!
  • kdfaughn
    Options
    I love this dry rub for tilapia. It's also good on catfish. So easy and delicious! It's a recipe from Kitchen Daily.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons chili powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 pound tilapia, Pacific sole or other firm white fish fillets

1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Combine chili powder, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt on a plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until just opaque in the center, gently turning halfway, 5 to 7 minutes total.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I spray some cooking spray and pan fry one side for 3 minutes, then flip them and sprinkle on a mixture of fresh grated parmesan and dried basil (1/4 cup parmesan and 2 tbsp basil gets me through 4 filets). Then I stick the whole pan in the oven to broil for 3-4 minutes. It makes the cheese just a little crispy... UH-MAZING. And SO easy.
  • losingheyhey
    Options
    I lay the talpia on a piece of foil in the middle ( not too bigg ) and add to taste lemon pepper and I then top it with slices of zuchini and slices of squash and slice shallots. I then squeeze a little fresh lemon on top of it and sprinkle a lil sea salt.. ( reg salt is fine too) .. I then fold by bringing up each side and then carefully folding it down.. and then foldin the sides.. so you have a kinda pocket.. no air vent is needed.. I then place it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 moniutes and then carefully unfold it.. or slice it open.. BE CAREFUL ITS STEAMY.. but it soooo good and healthy
  • losingheyhey
    Options
    Its supper yummy with Panko but super bad for ya.. Grrr
  • helenamonks
    Options
    i use steak seasoning, garlic powder, and butter flavored crisco on my grill... i grill on forman grill, so i put 3 lemon wedges directly above fillet of tilapia the downward angle makes the lemon drip into fish awesome!!!