Moms Supporting Moms 2

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
Thought it would be good to start a new one, as the other one is getting so long. Checking in... How are all the mommys?? My house is quiet (I have 5, a 20, 18, 16, 13, and 9) as the older ones are working and the younger ones are out playing!! Silence is GOLDEN.

Replies

• beep
    Options
    Thought it would be good to start a new one, as the other one is getting so long. Checking in... How are all the mommys?? My house is quiet (I have 5, a 20, 18, 16, 13, and 9) as the older ones are working and the younger ones are out playing!! Silence is GOLDEN.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hi! Isn't silence great! I would pay for some right now (at school).
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I must have missed the first one :grumble:

My daughter (6) will be done with her first year of school on Friday! I'm looking forward to bumming around with her this summer as much as I can!
  • beep
    Options

You're still in school?? We homeschool, but the PS and private school kids are out here already. Later this year, as usually (we're weird here) they start school mid August and finish mid-May, but the parents started having fits. So, it was changed to the last week of August til the first week of June.
  • beep
    Options
    I must have missed the first one :grumble:

My daughter (6) will be done with her first year of school on Friday! I'm looking forward to bumming around with her this summer as much as I can!

She's adorable. Looks kind of like my Katie who is now 9. In my pictures she is 5.
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    I'm at work now. But the twins were pretty loud when I left this morning. Both of them are teething and I think it's going to be a REALLY BAD day. Hopefully they're settled down some when I get home from work. Last night was HELLISH. Neither of them wanted to go to sleep and they were agitated all evening. I will be so glad when all the teeth are in and my precious little ones are happy and smiling all the time again.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

You're still in school?? We homeschool, but the PS and private school kids are out here already. Later this year, as usually (we're weird here) they start school mid August and finish mid-May, but the parents started having fits. So, it was changed to the last week of August til the first week of June.

Yeah, today is the kids last day....and they are driving me completely nuts! Who knew it would take so long for 12 to come!!!!
    We don't start until after Labor day and then get out a week- 2 weeks later then the other schools around here.
  • beep
    Options
    I'm at work now. But the twins were pretty loud when I left this morning. Both of them are teething and I think it's going to be a REALLY BAD day. Hopefully they're settled down some when I get home from work. Last night was HELLISH. Neither of them wanted to go to sleep and they were agitated all evening. I will be so glad when all the teeth are in and my precious little ones are happy and smiling all the time again.

They are so incredibly precious!!!!!!!!! Yes, teething is a hard time....... just wait until they start teething their first molars :indifferent:
  • beep
    Options
    Katy, you changed your picture!!! LOL I didn't recognize you as the "Italian" girl. How are you doing over there?
  • Katy009
    Options
    Katy, you changed your picture!!! LOL I didn't recognize you as the "Italian" girl. How are you doing over there?

lol...yeah, I changed it to my daughter. Getting ready to head home from work....it's already almost 7 p.m. here.

Your kids are adorable!!! I wanted more, but my daughter gets really jealous if I even try to talk about it. :ohwell: Oh yeah, and my husband runs away.
  • beep
    Options

lol...yeah, I changed it to my daughter. Getting ready to head home from work....it's already almost 7 p.m. here.

Your kids are adorable!!! I wanted more, but my daughter gets really jealous if I even try to talk about it. :ohwell: Oh yeah, and my husband runs away.

He can't be serious???? Isn't he Italian???? Don't Italians love pregnant women?

I can tell you from experience that a pack full is no harder than 2. And as they get older and if you lovingly discipline them and teach them to take care of their messes and themselves, it really gets easier. I know not everyone agrees with me on that here (teens can be tough.) But I have found it to be true and I wouldn't give up one of them :laugh: :laugh:
  • beep
    Options

Yeah, today is the kids last day....and they are driving me completely nuts! Who knew it would take so long for 12 to come!!!!
    We don't start until after Labor day and then get out a week- 2 weeks later then the other schools around here.

So, tomorrow is really going to be a NEW DAY for you, woo hoo!!!:drinker:
  • beep
    Options
    I really don't mean to be stepping on any toes here. Hopefully no one will take the new thread as such. I just remembered someone on the old thread mentioned starting a new one every day and I thought that was a great idea. So, the first Mommy on in the morning should start a new thread for the day. What do you all think??
  • michyrn
    michyrn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My boys (8 & 11) go to school until June 12th! Here in Wisconsin we always have snow days to make up for :tongue:
  • Katy009
    Options

He can't be serious???? Isn't he Italian???? Don't Italians love pregnant women?

I can tell you from experience that a pack full is no harder than 2. And as they get older and if you lovingly discipline them and teach them to take care of their messes and themselves, it really gets easier. I know not everyone agrees with me on that here (teens can be tough.) But I have found it to be true and I wouldn't give up one of them :laugh: :laugh:

He is and they do.....however, my daughter didn't sleep at all when she was little (she is still a little night-owl). I think she was two and some months before we started getting a normal nights' rest. So I think he just has 'flashbacks' to that and gets scared. I still have some time to work on him :wink:

Have a great night everyone!
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, ladies. I walked two miles today and have stayed within my calories for the past week! Woooooohoooo!!!!!!!

:bigsmile:
  • beep
    Options
    Just checking in, ladies. I walked two miles today and have stayed within my calories for the past week! Woooooohoooo!!!!!!!

:bigsmile:

There you are! Woo-hoo on the walking. I'm up to over 4 miles, but am not losing. Think I've hit a plateau, which is okay. I'm not giving up this time.............:grumble:
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm definitely floundering - my exercise is great (always has been) but it's my eating that is out of control.

Today I biked for 66 minutes (did 27 km) and then ran 4km (I'm training for a triathlon). I earn so many extra calories a day, that I usually don't need to worry about what I eat, but then I don't worry and eat too much! It's even worse if I take a day off from working out as there's no way I'd stay within my calories! It's an ugly roller coaster that was under control before babies but no longer.
  • beep
    Options
    I just read a post on that somewhere else, about exercising causing one to GAIN weight! All because they exercised so much they thought they could eat whatever they wanted, but were eating at the athlete's table (college) which is like the best buffet in the world. So, he kept gaining and gaining until he was threatened with being kicked off the team.

So, just keep putting your food in there and following the MFP plan, and you'll be right back on track!!!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, doing good here. Would love to get the baby out for a walk in the stroller before my other two get home from school, but it's pouring rain and very windy. He is sooo cranky today (wonderful teeth) and thinking a walk might put him to sleep! I'm feeling quite old as well since my 5 year old turns 6 today! And to think it felt like yesterday when I was trying to keep him in the corner for having one of his famous temper tantrums lol!!!