Moms Supporting Moms 2

Options
2»

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I haven't joined this yet, but I'd like to!!!

I have a (soon to be) one year old son, and am a SAHM. I'm doing really well with my weight loss, and started interval training today. Maybe someday I'll actually be able to run all the way around the block. (Well, here's hoping.)

I hope it's okay that I join!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey, Michy, Loki, Peej,
    Funny..... I never could figure out how to keep a child in time out.......especially during a temper tantrum! I would just leave the room. Then they would follow me and flop back on the floor, so I would leave that room! Finally they would tucker themselves out......:laugh: :laugh: Boy, I don't miss that!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It's the last day of school here (oh crap!), and my littlest one will be going into kindergarten next year. I'm ready for her to start school, and she is too...but my babies are growing too fast.:ohwell:
  • beep
    Options
    It's the last day of school here (oh crap!), and my littlest one will be going into kindergarten next year. I'm ready for her to start school, and she is too...but my babies are growing too fast.:ohwell:

LOL, I have my kids all the time. Sounds like you may need to hit the craft store for some summer fun ideas. We filled a bag with (tried to find inexpensive items) water color sets, those little plastic stainedglass things you paint, clay figurines (cheap at walmart) to paint, etc. Keep those kiddos busy!!

ooh, maybe we should start another post for summer keep-the-kids-busy ideas!!!!:laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hey, Michy, Loki, Peej,
    Funny..... I never could figure out how to keep a child in time out.......especially during a temper tantrum! I would just leave the room. Then they would follow me and flop back on the floor, so I would leave that room! Finally they would tucker themselves out......:laugh: :laugh: Boy, I don't miss that!
    Yeah we tried the whole naught step thing....what a joke, I'd end up turning it into a game as I chased him around the table to put him back there! Not fun!!! And I think it's a good idea for whoever gets on first thing to start a new thread, I don't imagine we'd be stepping on any feet.
  • beep
    Options
    Hey, Michy, Loki, Peej,
    Yeah we tried the whole naught step thing....

what a joke, I'd end up turning it into a game as I chased him around the table to put him back there! Not fun!!! And I think it's a good idea for whoever gets on first thing to start a new thread, I don't imagine we'd be stepping on any feet.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: remembering, just remembering............... it does get better!
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Great idea! We're doing a 17 hour trip with the kids (3&4) in July - planning to spread it over 2-3 days - but I still need tons of ideas! As the front seat passenger, I'm the one doing the entertaining :smile: Maybe I should just offer to drive and let my husband figure it out :laugh:
  • beep
    Options
    Great idea! We're doing a 17 hour trip with the kids (3&4) in July - planning to spread it over 2-3 days - but I still need tons of ideas! As the front seat passenger, I'm the one doing the entertaining :smile: Maybe I should just offer to drive and let my husband figure it out :laugh:

Ok, starting new thread.......:laugh: :laugh:
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, ladies. I walked two miles today and have stayed within my calories for the past week! Woooooohoooo!!!!!!!

:bigsmile:

There you are! Woo-hoo on the walking. I'm up to over 4 miles, but am not losing. Think I've hit a plateau, which is okay. I'm not giving up this time.............:grumble:

Plateaus stink! I was on a long one for a while. I was eating too much and not moving enough. Basically I had to cut back on eating my exercise calories. I had to go down from 1500 to 1200. Thanks grandma, for the sloth like metabolism- LOL.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Me: Did you pee?
    Judah: Yes!!
    Me: I don't think so.
    Jude: I did too!!
    Me: Where?
    Jude: Look, there!
    Me: Eh?
    Jude: IT CAME OUT OF MY PENIS, RIGHT THERE!! <points to toilet>
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey, Michy, Loki, Peej,
    Yeah we tried the whole naught step thing....what a joke, I'd end up turning it into a game as I chased him around the table to put him back there! Not fun!!! And I think it's a good idea for whoever gets on first thing to start a new thread, I don't imagine we'd be stepping on any feet.
    I can't imagine my kid not staying in time out. He can't, either.

All hell would break loose if he tried budging. :angry:

I'd put his butt right back on his time out chair!!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    My kids last day of school is June 25th, start back Sept. 2nd. Except 14 yr old SS, he's out a week earlier after exams.I used to look forward to summer vacation from school lol but now I have the home daycare , there is no sleeping in, and doing what i want when I want to do it. My days will have to be planned out and hmmm it's gonna take some getting used to I guess.

Skylier got his glasses on Monday night, Tuesday he cried and screamed and was terrified to go to school. He had a good day , his friends thought his glasses were awesome and no one made fun (thank god). He's less scared now and starting to get used to having them. He looks so cute. will post a pic on profile in a bit.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:
  • adore217
    adore217 Posts: 33
    Options
    This is my son's first summer off from school and daycare. I'm a SAHM b/c of the twins medical conditions. I'm so worry I won't be able to keep him entertained since the girls need full care. We're still dealing with seizure control and the medication they are on has horrible side effects. They have therapy 4 days a week so to get my son the behave for a solid hour 4x week may be a challenge. My energy level must be at it's peak at all times. I predict many walks.

Good Luck this Summer!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me: Did you pee?
    Judah: Yes!!
    Me: I don't think so.
    Jude: I did too!!
    Me: Where?
    Jude: Look, there!
    Me: Eh?
    Jude: IT CAME OUT OF MY PENIS, RIGHT THERE!! <points to toilet>

Ahhhhh. The joys of potty training. Yes, my daughter will be THREE this september, will she ever be "fully" trained (don't want to gross you out too early in the morning). :sad: