Hope I am not the only guy on here! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• midmomike2
    Options
    Doesn't seem to be many of us, but we're here. Congrats on your great start! YOU CAN DO IT! (ps-P90x is hard, there is power 90 available also through beachbody.com that is supposed to be less intense than P90X)
  • midmomike2
    Options
    Although I am not a guy, I am stuggling with the weightloss thing!! I am loving this site and all of the support on it and have lost 10.3 lbs in 2 weeks from just loggin ALL of my food and excercise and seeing it balance! If you would like some more support feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on you weightloss journey!
    [/quote you are a rockstar!
  • dabl1234
    Options
    Nope your not... I too am a guy in need of some shaping up
    My wife has been on me for a while to get into shape... some shape other then round.
    Any way. (your not alone in your quest
  • dabl1234
    Options
    I agree with you ... the p90x is hard I just finished my second week today.
    It is hard but I am already seeing results and feeling better
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    UnFortunately women are under alot more pressure to be thin. Now if anyof the guys on here could give me advice on how to motivate my husband to workout? He is about 40-45 lb overweight and has some health issues that his doc believes r due to his weight. He is not even 30 yet! Unfortunately he thinks he is fine does not think he is fat although he acknowletes he has a belly. On top of all that, he smokes. I have tried signing him up at gyms, telling him about this site etc. If anyone has any new ideas please let me know!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started 6/1/2010 at 263.5, on 12/31/2010 I was 200. If this guy did it in 7 mos, so can you.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Plenty of us guys here. There was a role call thread not too long ago that had quite a few check-ins.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138578-am-i-seriously-the-only-guy-on-here-lol
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    hey welcome !
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm new myself, feeling very much like you are John.

Infact, I need to go and write my introduction post :laugh:

Best of luck with your journey.

Warren
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree with you ... the p90x is hard I just finished my second week today.
    It is hard but I am already seeing results and feeling better

The first two weeks of P90X are the hardest. Muscles you never knew you had are sore. You hurt when you're lying still. But once you make it past those two weeks you begin to look forward to your workouts. The one thing I find with P90X is that although you'll see results just doing the workouts- to get the full benefits you have to follow the diet also. :-)
  • speednut
    Options
    Welcome!
    Just started 2 weeks ago myself. Plenty of men here. We are a little outnumbered though. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
    Good Luck!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    UnFortunately women are under alot more pressure to be thin. Now if anyof the guys on here could give me advice on how to motivate my husband to workout? He is about 40-45 lb overweight and has some health issues that his doc believes r due to his weight. He is not even 30 yet! Unfortunately he thinks he is fine does not think he is fat although he acknowletes he has a belly. On top of all that, he smokes. I have tried signing him up at gyms, telling him about this site etc. If anyone has any new ideas please let me know!
    I would think that most people would agree that until someone acknowledges their is a weight issue, and feels ready to change, there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that persons behavior. good luck