Skinny Saturday Challenge! Join me?!

Options
2»

Replies

• brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Does working a 12-hour serving shift at a restaurant count as double exercise? I'm on my feet all day with no time for the gym! Maybe tomorrow
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I feel great! Worked out really hard at the gym... my friend got there before me and did 25 minutes of ellipticals before I was there, so we only did 5 minutes of cardio before the strength training machines. I feel awesome because after she left, I stayed and did 45 minutes on the stationary bike!

Gym cardio is my foe -- I had only planned to do 25 to get my 30 min cardio in, so I'm pretty pumped. 6 cups water so far.
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I want in - its the weekend that always gets me....I need all the motivation I can get.
    Started the morning so far with an hour workout and hope to get a 2 / 3 mile walk in with Leslie Sansone tape later
    today....its about 6 degres outside and freezing! .Water going good just have to keep saying to myself:
    "No one can change me but ME"

Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ooooo, I'm in!!! I need motivation to not cheat on Saturdays!
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    16 ounces water: down. I don't drink a ton normally so I am following a previous posters advice on dividing my weight in half and drinking that many ounces. So I will need 67 ounces.

I will need to up my exercise to 2 hours today to double (which I needed because I skipped yesterday and I am trying to get 3500 calories burned in a week).

Now, does this challenge mean we get to double the calorie intake, too! LOL!!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm planning on a 2-3 hour walk/hike with friends. We're looking at high of 16 degrees today, but currently it's 5 degrees :noway: , so I'm bundling up :tongue:

Wow that's cold! Way to go for getting out there...have fun!

I am working until 2 today but I woke up early to make my own healthy lunch at home instead of getting fast food. I'm also drinking lots of water instead of my usual diet coke! Going to the gym when I get off work...
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    12 More oz down! 24 total! Yay!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Went hiking with 2 friends through the snow in single digit temperatures. We're estimating we went between 10-12miles. 3&1/2 hours and 2012 calories later, I feel great! :happy: Skinny Saturday accomplished! :drinker:
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    yep me too
  • fancyladymeek
    Options
    Went hiking with 2 friends through the snow in single digit temperatures. We're estimating we went between 10-12miles. 3&1/2 hours and 2012 calories later, I feel great! :happy: Skinny Saturday accomplished! :drinker:

Amazing!! I can't hike that fast yet...I'm closer to 7 miles in 5 hours!! But we just moved out to Seattle from fairly-flat Iowa, so I have to build up my endurance!!

I did Jillian Michaels Power Sculpt this morning - did both level one and level two (with warm up and cooldown as well) and then walked for 2 hours. I didn't try and walk real fast because I am exhausted, but I did try and go for a long time to make up for it.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

Amazing!! I can't hike that fast yet...I'm closer to 7 miles in 5 hours!! But we just moved out to Seattle from fairly-flat Iowa, so I have to build up my endurance!!
    Thanks, fancy! It was quite a haul. Pa. is pretty hilly. My profile pic and ticker pic are from today's hike :happy:
    Great job doing Jillian (she's a killer :tongue: ) AND a 2 hour walk. That's awesome!! :drinker:
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Love the pictures from the snow hike! I'll admit...I probably wouldn't do that in single digit temps!

But I did run and do some ab work today! And I have already had 64 oz of water with lots of time left in the day to keep drinking more!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Wow! It looks like a Super Skinny Saturday has indeed been accomplished! Great job on the hike Sky! Good job on the water intake to all! I am usually a slacker but I am 12 cups down so far! Yay! Let's totally do this again next Sat. Are you in?

OK Mr. Satuday, consider yourself whoooped up on! :laugh:
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    I wish i'd seen this earlier, it's 11pm here in the UK, and my day is nearly done.....maybe i'll try this next Saturday...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I walked 4 miles this morning and then did my first day of 30 day shred.
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    Alright! Well, I almost doubled my exercise with 98 minutes of running. Wanted 120 minutes, but still awesome. I did reach my water goal! 67 oz!!!
  • goldspaula
    Options
    It was a fabulous day! Went to the gym for my regular workout then went back two hours later with my daughter for an hour swim. It was awesome!!! I doubled my usual water and logged ever morsel. It was great. I was looking back through my diary and right after my last Skinny Saturday, I lost two pounds!!! I'll be checking that for sure in the next couple of days.

Have a great night, and thanks again for the challenge!
  • fancyladymeek
    Options
    Alright! Well, I almost doubled my exercise with 98 minutes of running. Wanted 120 minutes, but still awesome. I did reach my water goal! 67 oz!!!

Amazing! Doc currently wont let me run or jog so I am so envious and proud of you! Great job!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    13 - 8oz waters down; 2 mile run/walk on the treadmill, and 75 minutes scrubbing floors & vacuuming! Normally I don't count cleaning in my skinny saturdays, but since I was scrubbing floors....why not? Had my HRM on! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the challenge as always, Fab! :flowerforyou:
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ooooo, I'm in!!! I need motivation to not cheat on Saturdays!

I am checking in on you.... how did you do this Saturday? I woke up this morning with this challenge on my mind and knowing it is the weekend again already! I made it through the 30 day shred and the 3 mile walk and was ready to die LOL
    Hope all is well with everyone!