Shreddin' Eleven, Week Four

MaryTheIceCube
MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
This is a thread dedicated to Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. A group of us started the Shred on or around New Year's Day, and are keeping up on one another's progress through daily discussion, progress reports, support, encouragement, tips & advice.

Feel free to join the discussion if you've already started or may be thinking about beginning the 30 Day Shred. We're here to see each other through all three levels, no matter when we start or how long it takes!

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD can be found at WalMart or Target for under $10, and can be digitally downloaded from Amazon.com for $4.99.

Happy Shreddin'! :)

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    Day 2 Level 3 completed this morning. I'm planning on getting some laundry started, then doing about half an hour of yoga to stretch out. The muscles in my back and shoulders feel pretty tight, so I think a good yoga stretch and then a soak, or at least a nice hot shower, would do my muscles a world of good! Today, I was super brave and used 5lb weights throughout Level 3. OK, so I still do the modified (on the knees) traveling push ups and arm/leg lifts with weights. But, my arms are becoming increasingly stronger, as are my abs, so I'm hoping that near the end of Level 3, I may not need to modify plank/push up moves anymore. I'm with Leela on the jumping things, especially the rockstar jumps. My left knee gave a warning pain during the first set of them today, so I had to back off on the intensity. Wow, I can hardly believe I have a mere 8 days left of these first 30 days!! Happy Shredding, everyone, and have a GREAT weekend! :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    bump
  • bump!
    (my copy is coming in the mail any day now and I wil begin soon!)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    bump!
    (my copy is coming in the mail any day now and I wil begin soon!)

Yay Sarah!! I'm excited for you! I hope it arrives soon! :)
  • I, too, have completed Day 2 Level 3 ... very intense. Seems to move along much faster than the other levels. I am still doing the modified moves on some things. I'm feeling soreness in some of my muscle areas, had a hot shower afterwards to help relax. Doing some laundry, then its out and about for the day! I am excited that there are only 8 days left to do the shred and be completed, but sad at the same time as I now have to come up with another plan for exercising daily! I might do the shred again in a different order unless I find something else out there today while shopping.
    Good job to all who are getting their shred on and I hope all of you who are going to start soon enjoy it! I'm feeling so much better since doing this! This time of year is usually a down/depressing time of year, but with all the exercising and eating better I haven't hardly had any of those feelings.
    Shred On!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    luvallmusic -- You are doing a GREAT job!! I agree about level 3 seeming to move faster than 1 and 2. I felt like level 2 dragged on at times! lol. I'm thinking of continuing with the Shred as well, maybe doubling up on a couple of the levels every other day or so. I'm going to use my off-Shred days to get back into running more again. I'm loving the daily exercise streak that some of us have going here, and I intend to keep mine alive for as long as I possibly can! Have a GREAT Saturday!! :)
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Bump N
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Hi guys!! So I follow the 1st part of my plan and did Shred D2L2 and Turbo Jam!!! My HRM is saying I burned 554 during shred and 364 during Turbo Jam!! Go Figure!! I think it is a lot!! Off course it still kicks my butt and I had to take several 5sec breaks b/c I though I was going to puke or pass out! I dont do the modified version unless I am dying, and I am using 5lbs. I like this level, it is very challenging!
    I am not as upset as yesterday, and I will be ok! It is work related, and I am trying my best and I am really making the difference on the kids lives, everybody sees that but the principal at the school I sub. Oh well, this is not the only school in the county, but those kids need me and I see the great impact I make in their lives. I hope they ended up with a decent teacher though.
    Happy weekend to all of us! I have so many laundry to do it is not even funny : (, lol!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    bump!

About to start my second day of level 3. I'm also in the "careful with the knees" club but am doing the best I can!
  • TeamLeela
    My shred schedule for the week
    Sat 22 level 2--complete
    Sun 23 level 1
    Mon 24 level 3
    Tue 25 level 1
    Wed 26 level 2
    Thu 27 level 3
    Fri 28 level 2

non-shred schedule
    Sat 22- 60 minutes cardio, zumba on wii
    Sun 23 zumba plus 30 minuts cardio
    Mon 24 hard core (fitness class) plus 30 minutes
    Tue 25 kickboxing class plus 20 minutes
    Wed 26 zumba plus 20 minutes
    Thu 27 kickboxing?
    Fri 28 circuit training
  • TeamLeela
    Day 22 (D6L2): I had a great workout. I burned 200 calories, average hr 126, max hr 181. I didn't do any modifications. My heart was beating out of my chest. But I survived. I can't wait until its Feb. 1 ! My arms are sore today. A good sore. A sore that tells me its working.

Keep shreddin'
  • sgreene87
    9th day of level 2, 21 days total. I am actually going to continue with level 2 until next Sat. I am not quite getting through the last section without a break before the ab work and I really want to get through it nonstop before I move on. I am not modifiying as much as I was and I am feeling stronger. Arms and shoulders are feeling this workout and I feel like they are getting more defined.

Still telling Jillian to shut up, I am so disrespectfull but I know she can take it:tongue:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Juliana -- Thank you for being a teacher!!! It's gotta be a tough job, but I'm sure it's so worth it to be able to help kids. Well done! Also, great job on the calorie burn!! Keep up the good work and keep your head up! Enjoy your weekend! :)

bk2011 -- How's level 3 going for you?

Leela -- GREAT job on no modifications on level 2!! I'm with ya on the sore arms!! :)

sgreene -- Keep up the great work!! I'm sure Jillian has heard all sorts of disrespect in her day, lol... she's tough though!! :)

Day 3 Level 3... seven days to go!! I used 5lb weights again and only modified the traveling push ups and arm/leg lifts... getting a little braver on the rockstar jumps... not quite up to Natalie's jumps, but getting there! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Hey Chandra! Level 3 is definitely giving my knees a run for their money! Having to modify some of those jumping moves as thats what killed my knees/ankles during insanity! But trying to get it finished out by end of month!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    bk2011 -- Way to stick with it while keeping your knees safe! I still have to modify some of the jumping moves, especially the rockstar one. :)

Day 4 Level 3 today; I can hardly believe I have a mere 6 days left of the first 30 days of the Shred, wow! Still very excited for those "after" photos! While I'm becoming increasingly stronger, I'm still modifying some of the jumps and my arms are just not quite ready yet for full-on push ups or plank pose for very long at a time. I plan to still incorporate the Shred into my workout routine after the initial 30 days... I'm considering every other day, or at least 3 times a week, one workout on each of the levels each week at the very least. My fiance is setting up our spare room as a workout room today; I'm so grateful for his support!! Best wishes to you all, have a GREAT week and keep shreddin'! :)
  • sgreene87
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I did workout last evening and this morning so that brings me up to day 11 on level 2 (23 total). Dragging it out a little longer than 30 days just because I am scared of level 3 :cry: . No not really, I just want to finish level 2 a little stronger since I am still grabbing a 5 second rest towards the end. I feel like I am doing the planks much better than when I began and I am not modifying too much anymore. I am finding that the ab crunches where you hold the weights is probably the hardest movement for me currently, still kinda swinging it but I just started using the weights two days ago and hopefully by Friday it won't be as much a struggle. I feel a big difference in my ab muscles though, can tell they are getting stronger.

My tennis shoe kept falling off last night during the ab jacks and my husband was teasing me that my feet had lost weight. I threw the shoe at him but missed, husbands you can't live with em and you can't legally shoot them. :laugh:

Shred on...
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    bump
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Hello! My plans changes a little bit...
    I started a weight loss chalenge program at my local YMCA. It is going to be every Monday for the next 6 weeks. It is very hard though. So for now I will have to stop doing Shred on Mondays: cant find time and strenght after one hour with personal trainner. Today I am shredding after my kids swimming lessons. I will try to do past Sunday one and todays: so D 3 and 4 Level 2. If I don't post later I will post tomorrow!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Hey guys! Late posting today.. been a busy day.. seemed to go by in a flash. Anyhow, Day 5 Level 3 this morning. Steadily improving each morning. Size 14 pants are now officially too big. Excited to try on a pair of size 12s soon. Woo! Only 5 more days and then "after" pictures!! I'm going to plan my new workout routine for the 31st onwards, so I can keep this exercise every day streak going!

Juliana, congrats and best wishes on your YMCA challenge!!

sgreene -- L0L @ your husband; he's lucky the shoe missed him! ;) Great determination on finishing out Level 2 strong!! You're doing great! :)
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Okay I am going to start Level1 day 1 again tomorrow. I slacked off for a week. Anyone seeing any results?
This discussion has been closed.