Shreddin' Eleven, Week Four

2»

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi everyone! Anyone remember me? =) I've been off busy with other exercise and just life in general and have missed a couple days of shredding, but tonight I picked up where I left off, I think....I'm calling it Day 5 of Level 2. Natalie is still cracking me up! Can't lie...I love seeing her struggle just a little bit. =) I know I sure worked up an awful good sweat for a measly little 20-minute workout. It really felt good and made me a little sad that I had missed out. It's different than with my running. I sweat a lot there too, but I'm usually pretty drained when I'm finished. After shredding, all of my muscles feel pumped up and energized rather than depleted.

My daughter has had some difficult things going on relationship-wise with her now ex-boyfriend so she hasn't been doing it every day either, but I started inviting her to join me again so we'll see, you know? I was enjoying the time we were spending together. I had missed that.

Hope everyone is still well and I'll try not to be a stranger again!
    D.
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    24th day in a row of shreddin it. This is my 12th day on level 2. Movin on up in two days and I am looking forward to a different challenge. My arms and shoulders are ready for other parts of my body to be picked on and bullied for a while! Level 2 has really made them beg for mercy but they are getting stronger.

Just realized I am six days away from my first goal of exercising daily for 30 days in a row. Now I really am pumped!

I don't know what I am going to do when this challenge is over, I am going to be sad...
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Hello!! Happy Bday to me today!!! Yeahhhh!!!
    Well yesterday I was soooooooo tired that I did not shred. My arms and back are killing me from the personal trainer thing on Monday! But I shredded today, so L2 D3 finally is done. When I come back later I am planning on doing L2D4! If I don't work tomorrow I will do L2 D5 and D6. So I can catch up with my days. I will try to finish the "30 days" by Valentines day or before.
    I have a great news tough: For you guys that ask about the results: I am not even 1/2 way done and lost 5 inches on my waist!!! I did not loose nothing on my hips what is ok b/c I dont have a butt to begin with. I also lost 1 inch on my arms. Off course it is results from everything combined together, diet, shred and extra workouts!! I am sooooo happy!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    kgillikin -- Best wishes on restarting! I'm feeling great results. Not so much seeing them on the scale, but my size 14 pants went from fitting comfortably at the beginning of the month (I started on January 1) to being too big these days! I think I'm ready for a size 12. :)

darkrider -- Welcome back!! I agree completely about Natalie -- I get great pleasure out of seeing her struggle. :) Great job on getting back to it... soon, you'll meet Level 3! :) I hope everything works out for the best for your daughter and here's hoping she joins you in the Shred again soon. :)

sgreene -- Great job!! Level 3 is right around the corner for you, awesome! Also, congrats on your upcoming 30 day streak! Stay pumped!! And, we can keep this thread topic going as long as there is interest in keeping it alive -- I personally am going to continue to incorporate the Shred into my weekly workout schedule. No need to be sad! Maybe we can think up some other challenges (bk2011 has been great at coming up with weekly challenges so far) to keep us all going after we've completed the initial +/- 30 days. :)

Juliana -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Best wishes on your catching up and finishing the Shred by Valentines Day; you can do it! :) Congratulations on the results so far, that's GREAT!! I'm so pumped for before/after photos! :)

Day 6 Level 3 for me today. Four more days!! Wow! I'm sooooo proud of myself that I can do sit ups -- not quite as well as Natalie, of course -- but, considering I was hopeless at sit ups even when I was in school, I'm just SO happy to be able to do them now!! :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    ughh,I feel like such a slacker. I haven't shredded in 3 days. I have been spending hours in the gym and running around all day. Just haven't been in the mood to shred by the end of the day. I know I have to do it first thing in the morning or it won't get done. I am committed to shredding for the last 4 days of the month!
    Everyone on here motivates me to keep pushing. I know I'm getting the results because my pants and loose and I have to tighten my belt another notch!
    I will finish what I started. This is about the point I got to the last time I did shred. I need to see this through the end this time. Even if it takes me 33 days! :)
  • sgreene87
    Happy belated bday Juliana! Hope you had a wonderful and meaningful day!

So 25 days of shreddin it like its hot. Day 13 on Level 2. One more day in plank heaven (:wink: ) for me and then level 3 I am coming for you!

Love the idea of keeping the thread alive and would welcome some ideas for another exercise program.

I was wondering if anyone has had success with turbo jam? It looks interesting and more upbeat. I was thinking I might purchase the program and incorporate that with 30 day. I am interested to find out what everyone else is going to be doing.

Thanks guys! Have a great day!
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Thank you guys for the bday wishes!
    So I am catching up with the days I missed: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I finally finished D6 L2 today! I am tired!! It was a long day and this workout was a very good closing to my day!!

I really like the idea to keep the thread alive! It keeps me going!!

Sgreene87 - You are almost completing you 30 days!! woot woot!! I have turbo jam and really like it!! I usually do shred and turbo jam. They also have a work out that is 20 min long. It is fun! If you like kickboxing and to dance you probably will like turbo jam. I am not a very coordinated person so it took me a few days to understand the routine. The instructor (forgot her name) is upbeat and has a lot of enthusiasm. I recommend! After I am done with Shred I plan to do Jillian Michaels metabolism boost, and no more troubles and turbo jam, one each day, 40 min a day! We will see! I still have 2 weeks to go!

TeamLeela - Don't give up! I did not do it for 3 days, sunday, monday and tuesday and had to do shred 2x in a day to catch up. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be updated with it!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Juliana, sorry I missed your birthday. I hope your day was special.
    Yesterday, I didn't shred. Instead, I did 6 pack in 6 weeks (still JM) on exercisetv. Someone recommended it on here a while back. It still has the faint resemblance of shred, but it is more about the abs.
    I also did a kickboxing circuit on exercisetv. went to the gym for an hour of zumba and 33 minutes on the bike. I may be a shred slacker, but I'm certainly still keeping up with my cardio.
    I got a trainer, we started on Wednesday. She is intense, but in such a subtle way. yesterday I was unbelievably sore. I knew I wouldn't be able to do shred with the weights, I already felt like my arms were gonna fall off.
    So this is the home stretch. I am going to a fitness class this morning and Jillian and I have a date this evening!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Hey everyone!

Sorry I have been such a post slacker! I am still plugging along and have 3 days left of level 3 until the January challenge is complete. My boss has been gone the past 10 days so I've been working like 10-12 hours a day...which is exhausting compared to my usual 20 hours a week!!! So I get home and see my little man as much as possible (I'm pretty much working during his awake hours) and then shred and get to bed! Think I will keep incorporating shred next month, but my goal for Feb is to really intensify my cardio, as well as P90X.

Finish strong everyone!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    sgreene -- This weekend I will be setting out my weekly workout schedule that will start on Monday, since my first bout of Shred will be complete on Sunday. I plan to still incorporate the Shred; my thought is 3 days a week, so I do each level once per week, to keep up on the strength training. I need to incorporate more cardio, running specifically, and I'll most likely continue with some kickboxing workouts. One new thing that I plan to start doing is a beginners belly-dance workout. I've had these 3 DVDs for a while but haven't seriously started using them yet. I think it's time. :) I plan to also include some yoga (including Jillian's Yoga Meltdown) for stretching and such. Seems like a lot, doesn't it?! This is why I need to sit down and write out a plan, lol! Best wishes!! And, yes, I definitely want to keep this thread going for as long as possible. I'm very much enjoying the interaction and support from those involved! :)

Juliana -- I'm happy to hear that you're all for keeping this thread alive too! I'll be starting the Week 5 thread tomorrow (and on Sunday, I'll post my before/after photos!!). Great job on catching up with what you've missed!! Keep up the great work! :)

Leela -- NO need to feel like a slacker, when you've been doing SO much exercise!! I have every confidence that you will accomplish what you set out to do with the Shred, so don't doubt yourself!! Keep up the great work! And, congrats on the trainer! :)

bk2011 -- Wow, what a busy person you are!! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to spend as much time as possible with your little guy (I have a little guy myself!) so don't worry about it at all. I plan to intensify my cardio during February as well. Stop by when you can, and good luck on finishing out the last few days of the January Shred challenge!! :-D

Alrighty, so, I missed posting yesterday. Busy day for me as well. But, I'm back today!! However, I totally neglected to set my alarm last night before bed, and was very lucky to have still woken up in enough time to grab a quick shower and get out the door to be on time for work. This means, however, that I missed doing my Shred workout this morning. No worries, I'll complete it this evening, and then there will be a mere 2 days of Level 3 left!! I'm so excited for before/after photos! Like I mentioned above, I'll be restructuring my workout plan for February this weekend and will post my plan soon. Look out for a new thread (week 5) starting tomorrow!! Have a GREAT Friday, everyone! :)
  • sgreene87
    Thanks Mary, those are some really great ideas, I need to come up with a plan as well. I am just about getting ready to meet my first goal of consistent exercise for 30 days. In the past I have failed because I set unrealistic goals for myself, this time I have a better understanding of what to do and mini goals are easier and keep me motivated.

I started level 3 today and spent the majority of my 25 mins. trying to get into the correct positioning so I did not burn as much as I normally do. I am very glad to have reached this level, I was really unsure I could physically handle it but have surprised myself.

I also did a round on my elliptical to add to the burn today.

27 days shreddin and proud of it :smile:

So wonderful to see everyone doing so well with their goals, I love this site!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    sgreene -- I will be posting my official February 2011 workout schedule on the next thread, which I will start in a moment. I too have found that more realistic, short-term goals (plus as much accountability as possible) really keeps me on track toward the bigger picture goal. Great job on your consistent 30 days of exercise; that's awesome!! You're doing GREAT!!

The new thread (Week 5) can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163788-shreddin-eleven-week-five
This discussion has been closed.