Fiber

Options
MisdemeanorM
MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
So I read that you should have about 25 g of fiber a day. I checked my nutritional report for the last 90 days and I have only hit the fiber goal ONCE!!! (Providing that 25 g is an accurate goal... it was on the internet - it must be true!)

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    So I read that you should have about 25 g of fiber a day. I checked my nutritional report for the last 90 days and I have only hit the fiber goal ONCE!!! (Providing that 25 g is an accurate goal... it was on the internet - it must be true!)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have a hard time hitting my fiber goal, too, because I don't eat that much vegis. And, at my age, fiber is important! :tongue: So I take a couple fiber pills every day. Tried the mix stuff but it was like drinking thick and disgusting OJ, but the pills are ok.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use the pills too. Seems to work for me!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Tam hooked me up on what's what.. lol

Thomas Whole Grain Light English Muffins 9g fiber
    Fiber One Bars 8 or 9g fiber
    Best Life Light Flatout Wrap 9g fiber
    Cantaloupe varies but half of a large 4g fiber
    Sugar Snap Peas 1 cup 3or 4g fiber

I was having a hard time too... Now I get to much.. lol Changing all my bread to wheat and whole grain seemed to have did it for me.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My doctor gave me some good help with the fiber issue, first he told me to eat no less than 30 grams a day. Then he advised the following help for getting it in:

Fiber One Honey Cluster Cereal, 1 cup has 13 grams of fiber (and it tastes good, not like hay!!!)
    Fiber One Yogurt, 1 container has 5 grams of fiber
    Fiber One Oat and Chocolate Chewy Bar, one bar has 9 grams of fiber.
    Thats 27 right there!!

I have incorporated this into my daily foods, naturally I do the cereal for breakfast, I add the yogurt to my lunch and the wonderfully delicious chewy bar is one of my snacks. It works well and I can tell a big difference in how full it keeps me. I also drink about 90-100 ounces of water a day with this as well.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Oh and Dannon Activia Fat Free Yogurts have 3g and they are tasty! And apples have 3g, bananas have 4 depending on size of it...
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just got the metamucel fiber snack things.

They are actually...filling.

:huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Remember, things like strawberries, broccoli, peas, etc have a good amount of fiber in them as well as kidney beans, etc.

And I buy the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Rotini. One serving has 6 g of fiber.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I needed an extra...boost.