Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fiber

MisdemeanorM
MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
So I read that you should have about 25 g of fiber a day. I checked my nutritional report for the last 90 days and I have only hit the fiber goal ONCE!!! (Providing that 25 g is an accurate goal... it was on the internet - it must be true!)

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    So I read that you should have about 25 g of fiber a day. I checked my nutritional report for the last 90 days and I have only hit the fiber goal ONCE!!! (Providing that 25 g is an accurate goal... it was on the internet - it must be true!)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    yeah, I have a hard time hitting my fiber goal, too, because I don't eat that much vegis. And, at my age, fiber is important! :tongue: So I take a couple fiber pills every day. Tried the mix stuff but it was like drinking thick and disgusting OJ, but the pills are ok.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    I use the pills too. Seems to work for me!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Tam hooked me up on what's what.. lol

Thomas Whole Grain Light English Muffins 9g fiber
    Fiber One Bars 8 or 9g fiber
    Best Life Light Flatout Wrap 9g fiber
    Cantaloupe varies but half of a large 4g fiber
    Sugar Snap Peas 1 cup 3or 4g fiber

I was having a hard time too... Now I get to much.. lol Changing all my bread to wheat and whole grain seemed to have did it for me.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    My doctor gave me some good help with the fiber issue, first he told me to eat no less than 30 grams a day. Then he advised the following help for getting it in:

Fiber One Honey Cluster Cereal, 1 cup has 13 grams of fiber (and it tastes good, not like hay!!!)
    Fiber One Yogurt, 1 container has 5 grams of fiber
    Fiber One Oat and Chocolate Chewy Bar, one bar has 9 grams of fiber.
    Thats 27 right there!!

I have incorporated this into my daily foods, naturally I do the cereal for breakfast, I add the yogurt to my lunch and the wonderfully delicious chewy bar is one of my snacks. It works well and I can tell a big difference in how full it keeps me. I also drink about 90-100 ounces of water a day with this as well.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Oh and Dannon Activia Fat Free Yogurts have 3g and they are tasty! And apples have 3g, bananas have 4 depending on size of it...
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    I just got the metamucel fiber snack things.

They are actually...filling.

:huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Remember, things like strawberries, broccoli, peas, etc have a good amount of fiber in them as well as kidney beans, etc.

And I buy the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Rotini. One serving has 6 g of fiber.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    :blushing: I needed an extra...boost.
This discussion has been closed.