Fit and Fun 60 day Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• jAdorelife
    Options
    im samantha (:
    5' 6'' & 233.2 lbs
    60 day goal is 195 (37 lbs)
    I'm a senior year nursing student & would love to reach my ultimate goal for summer / start of my internship in aug, but i know it might be high expectations. i want to be someone healthy & in shape so that my patients don't wonder why they're taking medical advice from the fat nurse ):

*excited about this group!!!! (:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm Alice
    5'8"/ 198
    Current physical activity- light
    Goal weight in 60 days: 185
    About me & my motivation: In about 9 weeks, I will leave for Costa Rica with an environmental service learning class that will include strenuous physical activity, and I don't want to be the one who slows the group down!

And. . . on Monday I start an 8-week fitness program as a "client" for an exercise physiology class at the college where I teach. So some exercise & sports science major will have the job of designing an exercise program for me and then his/her grade will depend, in part, on whether I like it enough to stick to it. So I'm hoping this group will help both me AND that unsuspecting kid reach our goals!!
  • merriedawn
    Options
    HI I AM MERRIE. I AM IN MY EARLY 50'S. AND I AM UNEMPLOYED AT THE TIME. MY WEIGHT RIGHT NOW IS 180 THE MOST I HAVE EVER WEIGHED. I AM 5'8 AND WOULD LIKE TO WEIGH 160 IN 60 DAYS. AND 130 AT THE END OF THIS CHALLENGE. I USE TO WORKOUT EVERYDAY MANY MANY YEARS AGO. JUST STARTED WORKING OUT AGAIN. I USUALLY GET ON THE TREADMILL OR DO STEP AEROBICS. I WOULD LOVE TO FEEL ENERGIZED AND HEALTHY AGAIN!!! SO LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN. :)
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi -- I'm Lynn. Am a mother of two girls - one who is 22 years old and the other one is 18.
    I'm 5'7" and weight is 174.6
    My goal weight at the end of this challenge is 159.
    I live in Richmond, VA
    I work a fulltime job -- usually average about 50 hours per week. Some of those are late a night (not all the time).
    My physical activity is null. I bought myself a HRM for Christmas, but haven't used it yet. I do have a treadmill that I can walk on -- just haven't made it yet. It's been put up since before Christmas (to get it out of the way).
    I've been a member of MFP since September and have lost 11 pounds.
    I can't wait to get to know everyone and get this challenge going.

Allyson -- thanks for starting this.
    Alice -- I totally thought you were talking about some other kind of exercise. It sounds interesting though. Can't wait to hear what they have you do.

Lynn
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Xandi
    5'4" 162lbs
    moderate activity
    in 60 days I would love to be 150, that is a 12lbs difference.
    I live in San Diego California.
    I have 4 children that live with me and they are always giving me a hard time about my weight and activities!
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! It is great to meet you all! This weeks challenge will incorparate eating habits as well as exercise.
    Since I never eat enough fruit I would like to try this :
    Food goal- eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 2 serving of low cal veggies( not potatoes!) and
    Drink 65oz of water each day- at least!
    Exercise - walk/ run a mile 5/7 days* in addition to ur normal workout!

Let's start slow and build up!!
    Please try to log in daily and let us know how it's going for u
    Any feedback would be appreciated ! ( including ideas for challenges etc.)
    ~Add everyone in the group as friends

- I would like this to be the "warmup" week and go from February through April with april 1st being our target date.
    * depending on what lvl u are at

Good luck!
  • Xandi
    Options
    Awesome!! It is great to meet you all! This weeks challenge will incorparate eating habits as well as exercise.
    Since I never eat enough fruit I would like to try this :
    Food goal- eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 2 serving of low cal veggies( not potatoes!) and
    Drink 65oz of water each day- at least!
    Exercise - walk/ run a mile 5/7 days* in addition to ur normal workout!

Let's start slow and build up!!
    Please try to log in daily and let us know how it's going for u
    Any feedback would be appreciated ! ( including ideas for challenges etc.)
    ~Add everyone in the group as friends

- I would like this to be the "warmup" week and go from February through April with april 1st being our target date.
    * depending on what lvl u are at

Good luck!
    Sounds good I will start working on that today! :D
  • merriedawn
    Options
    Great ideas!!!!! I am glad we are all doing this I think as a group it will help us all :)
  • LynnBirchfield
    Options
    Great ideas!!!!! I am glad we are all doing this I think as a group it will help us all :)

I totally agree.
  • merriedawn
    Options
    I have my exercise in, 1 fruit, and I don't know how to count a salad it has all kinds of vegetables......lol But will be eating more vegetables and 1 more fruit today :) How is everyone else doing with our challenge????:happy:
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    I have my fruit. veggies & water in & i'll be hitting the gym soon. looks like day one is going to be a success. hopefully i can keep it up! good luck to everyone else as well!
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, water & 1.4 mile walk!
  • Xandi
    Options
    I have in my veggies, working on my fruit and water...and my mile! :)
  • LynnBirchfield
    Options
    Cheated on my fruits and veggies by drinking a Naked Green Machine that I had bought a couple of weeks ago. NEVER AGAIN! Some people may like it, but me....not so much.

Was woken up last night by my daughter with terrible stomach pains -- like screaming out in pain. We thought we were on our way to the E.R., but finally pulled through. Although, she did have another smaller episode this afternoon. I have been home with her all day except for a quick dash to the store for Gatoraide, Ginger Ale, and Jello. It's nice that I can work from home.

Still working on my water.

I hope everyone has had a good day.
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    i hope your daughter feels better!!
  • merriedawn
    Options
    I hope your daughter feels better also!!! It is hard when your children are sick :(
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    wow im sorry to hear about ur daughter being sick :flowerforyou:

on another note, I jogged the mile, ate carrots, bowl of lettuce...problem is im out of cals... i better get off my butt and do a home workout so i can have an apple, and maybe a clementine is its not rotten :tongue:
    *sigh* i knew the fruit would b tough for me
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    Cheated on my fruits and veggies by drinking a Naked Green Machine that I had bought a couple of weeks ago. NEVER AGAIN! Some people may like it, but me....not so much.

Was woken up last night by my daughter with terrible stomach pains -- like screaming out in pain. We thought we were on our way to the E.R., but finally pulled through. Although, she did have another smaller episode this afternoon. I have been home with her all day except for a quick dash to the store for Gatoraide, Ginger Ale, and Jello. It's nice that I can work from home.

Still working on my water.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

I'm so sorry--and I can really empathize with your daughter. Yesterday afternoon, a friend inadvertently gave me senna tea, and I spent the better part of the evening curled up in the fetal position clutching a pillow to my tummy about 8 steps away from the toilet. Yuck!
  • merriedawn
    Options
    I have my exercise in....1 fruit and a salad full of veggies!!! now i have to work on the water. but it is still early :happy: I hope everyone is having a great day.
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    ahh today is gonna be rough, no moivation. good luck everybody!!!