People's food diaries and unsolicited advice

Options
2»

Replies

• Shamrock40
    Options
    I'm with you. I have 3 friends who requested people look at their diaries and help, I looked at their food diaries and then wrote what I thought might be helpful, and said that I love to cook and I'd be happy to share some low cal recipes. One lady was stuck at the same weight, going back and forth with one stupid pound. I said, hey, why don't you try eating your exercise calories back, or going over your alotted calories one day? She has lost 4 lbs in less than a week! By eating MORE!!

I think for me, I have a sister-in-law who struggles with anorexia, and it's awful for me to see people who do what she does. Exercise like crazy and barely consume enough calories to sustain. She is doing much better, but she has no muscle mass, she's always freezing, she has extremely dry skin, sporadic menstruation ... the list goes on. It's the borderline obsessers who worry me. Many are treading on thin ice, but as difficult as it is to see, I don't say anything because chances are, they know.

Me, I welcome ideas and routinely tell people to look at my diary because, frankly, I find a lot of people's diaries super boring. I'm a total foodie, and I love to cook, so in order to be successful, I have to enjoy what I'm eating. I never have trouble meeting my calorie goal or eating back my calories, Nope, not this girl!