What's for dinner?

Options
bekdavis
bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
What healthy recipe are you cooking tonight? Let's share ideas.....

Replies

• mikeveggie68
    Options
    i don't have a specific recipe i follow for this, it's just one of those recipes i have in my head, grilled chicken breast served over whole wheat pasta, the pasta is mixed with broccoli, evoo, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and feta
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    yum Mike. Feta makes the world a happy place!!
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a vegetable soup murmuring away in my slow cooker at the moment; carrot, parsnip, onion, celery, and potato, with a bit of mustard, tomato puree and cumin, and some pearl barley.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have leftover risotto, so I'll put 2/3 of it into a portobello cap, bake it in a water bath for 25 minutes...and roast some asparagus at the same time.

When's dinner?
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    grilled chicken with sauteed onions, green and red peppers, mushrooms on low carb tortilla with homemade salsa!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    baked salmon fillet and spinach
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    We have a bit of steak left to use from a birthday dinner yesterday. So grill up the steak, slice it into thin slices and serve over huge salad with oil & vinegar dressing. Steak salad = yum. :smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    we are having bleu cheese burgers (recipe from here, chef jeremy), grilled asparagus and baked sweet potato fries...
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    It's a late one at work, so I needed something fast. Spaghetti squash cooked in the microwave and then some Classico spaghetti sauce heated up (it has the least amount of sodium for a jar of sauce). Topped with a bit of parm cheese.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    It looks to be a leftover surprise for us...probably some pot roast, side salad, steamed veggie.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner will be shredded chicken in a carolina sauce on homemade, whole wheat buns with roasted root vegetables (turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, beets, carrots). I think I might steam some broccoli too.
  • BacktoSam
    Options
    Tonight is an easy night, grilled shrimp with whole wheat penne, veggies and light alfredo sauce.
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas, mmmmmmm, yummy!:love:
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Tofu stir-fry with mushrooms, zucchini and bell peppers on top of quinoa.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I bought a lot of meat to stock this weekend and prepped tonights dinner yesterday.

Chicken breasts pounded out to 1/4". Sprinkled with a homemade rub. Layered with some spinach leaves, tomato slices, and a little mozzarella and rolled up.

TADA- stuffed chicken breast.

We will have them with brown rice and salad!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    We are having baked pork chops, bake potato with cottage cheese on top and green beans.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm totally sick today and behind on dinner plans... so dinner at our house might be a frozen pizza.

However yesterday I made a yummy easy slow cooker recipe.

4-6 Chicken Boneless Breasts Thawed
    1 Bottle of your Favorite BBQ Sauce
    A sprinkle of brown sugar
    Dried Chopped Onion - would use real onion, but I was out.

Set on low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5

Not high in calories, but kinda high in sodium .... overall healthy I'd say.

Husband loved it!!!! I will try some for lunch today. Couldn't eat it yesterday, too sick! :grumble:
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have prepared king prawn noodles! yum (Sharwood Chilli Noodles, prawns, stir fry vegetables, vegetable stock, soya sauce and lemon juice)
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    We are having Sloppy Joes from 400 calories or less, I haven't decided what to have with them. I will probably serve a salad and some vegetables.

4 servings
    330 calories per serving

1 t oil
    1 onion, chopped finely
    1 green pepper, chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1 lb. extra lean ground beef
    3/4 c ketchup
    1 1/2 T brown sugar blend by Splenda
    2 t Worcestershire sauce
    1 t chili powder
    1 t cumin
    ¼ t salt
    ¼ t pepper
    4 whole wheat burger buns

Heat oil in skillet and cook onion, pepper and garlic 5 minutes then stir in beef and cook 10 minutes or until no longer pink then add ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire, cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder and cook 4 minutes. Serve on buns.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm making something I got from the Mayo Clinic website... I just use Whole Wheat pasta and I use half the olive oil and substitute the other half with lemon juice. I'll serve it with a salad.

Ingredients
    1/3 pound rigatoni noodles
    1 cup broccoli florets (tops)
    2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions
    Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.

While the pasta is cooking, in a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli, cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta and broccoli. Toss with Parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic. Season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately.