What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• libertyj77
    Options
    My hubby bought me an electric pressure cooker and its the best thing ever! I throw in a pear, a butternut squash a can of FF chicken broth, a chopped pepper, salt and pepper to taste and in 6 minutes it is cooked super soft and I puree it with a hand mixer adding a small cup of heavy cream. Its MARVELOUS!! AND makes a lot! I can eat on it all week with some FF croutons. YUMMO!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Salmon -- not sure how I'm preparing it yet. Probably baked with some kind of seasonings or sauce. Crash hot potatoes (new potatoes boiled, lightly mashed, then baked -- MMMM!), and maybe some roasted carrots. I'm not sure my oven can cook all of that at once though, so I might have to make something on the stove top. :laugh:
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza with whole wheat crust and shredded buffalo chicken!
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    All recipes ten minute szechuan chicken. Only 206 calories per serving. That with brown rice and a vegetable put you at only like a 400 calorie dinner.
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm having leftovers - I made a lightened up version of Zuppa Toscana (soup) from Olive Garden. It has 1/2 lb spicy sausage, 4 small russet potatoes, 1 can of chicken broth, water, 1 cup of heavy cream, diced garlic, salt, pepper and a bunch of kale. It made 10 servings (about 1.5 cups each) @ 200 calories per serving. So I'm having that with some homemade bread, light butter spread and honey! Sooo delicious and the whole dinner is only 400 calories.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    2 fillets of smoked river cobbler (fish) with carrots and parsnips.

The whole meal is steamed.

I steam all my vegetables, so they retain their nutrients better.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I put a whole chicken in the crockpot, so we'll have that! I'll make roasted potatoes for the kids/husband and I'll have roasted snap peas with shallots. Something else too, just not sure what!
  • kmvbear
    kmvbear Posts: 16
    Options
    We will have Jennie O turkey kielbasa, sauerkraut, boiled potatos, and horseradish with mustard! Mmmmm mmmmm good! Come on over, Bek.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Wheat spaghetti with zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, roasted peppers, garlic, basil & ground turkey....ok now I'm hungry :bigsmile:
  • Empress17
    Options
    I am having oven- baked chicken with red skin potatoes and carrots. Yum!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Oooh, you guys doing whole chickens... you've inspired me to go take one out of the freezer for tomorrow. :)
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I am making a beef and vegetable (corn, green beans, carrots, sweet peas, diced tomatoes, and butter beans) soup in the slow cooker. I usually just throw whatever veggies I have in there. It has been cooking away since this morning so I can't wait for dinner :heart: :love:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've got crock-pot chicken cacciatore being brewed at home. Just need to cook the whole-wheat noodles (and only eating 75g each not the 310 cal 85g, saves 40 cals and carbs) when I get there and dinner is done!

This is the first time I use my crock on a weekday so I’m excited! I used it 2x's since Christmas but on a weekend just to watch how long it really was going to take to cook. It serves 8 but I only make meals for 2 in it so I wanted to see how the rules would change it not being 1/2 full as recommended.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have slow cooked chicken thighs and legs in a crocked pot with ragu - tradition and added my own vegetables - mushroon, tri-color peppers, red onio,n garlic etc. I will serve over wheat pasta and light salad on the side with homemade salad dressing. I usually do bread for my son and husband - but I skip the bread.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    we are having oven roasted red potato ( diced, evoo, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano), and boneless skinless chicken thighs baked in the oven with the potatoes with my special italian rub, and some steamed broccoli, cauliflour, squash, carrot mix with salt to taste!!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Homemade Chicken Parmesan with a side of garlic toast
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    A protien shake after I lift tonight, and Light cooking Irish stew with Brown soda bread, about 600 cals for the stew and bread and 500 for the shake.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Some formulation of either grilled or baked chicken and steamed veggies. Haven't really plotted anything specific yet, lol!
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    I have beef stew in the crockpot at home. It has been a lot of the crockpot with my boys in basketball right now. It is much nicer though to have the dinner done than to get home and scramble. I eat way healthier this way.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes, seared pork chops, steamed broccoli.

nothing exciting here tonight.