Zumba for the Wii

Options
Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing Zumba for the Wii? I have been doing the 20 minute workouts.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• prencesskl
    Options
    Where did you get the zumba off of? I've been trying to find it and cant!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not srue how many calories you burn, but would love to know what you think of the game. I have the 2010 Jillian Michaels one, and the jury's still out for me.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    didnt know they had a zumba wii game?! i want that!!
  • NikkiG1979
    NikkiG1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually found it at Gamestop. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
  • ldb316
    ldb316 Posts: 13
    Options
    amazon has it!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would love to know what you think of Zumba for the Wii. I've taken classes, and always leave drenched 40 minutes later, but would like to know if the wii experience is comparable.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I bought it last night...i'm soooo excited to try it out!
  • NikkiG1979
    Options
    I am drenched after doing just 20 minutes of it! Its a great investment!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I burned 350 calories in those 24 minutes (including the cool down)...

I love the Wii for Zumba, although I wish they had better graphics... the phycodellic guys drives me crazy lol

In the 20 minutes I am sweating (don't know about drenched) but definatly out of breath and pooped! I love it.
  • erincraig
    Options
    I have taken classes and left soaking wet too...best workout ever! I was not sure how the game would compare but I love it! Many of the dances I already knew from class. It has been great this winter when I didn't want to get out in the cold to go to class.
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I love my Zumba for the Wii! I have a heart rate monitor I've worn when I do it and if you put it on here as 'dancing aerobic' it's basically the same calories.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's not out in the UK til March! If it's any good I'll get it! :))
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    OMG I have to find it!!!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I love my Wii Zumba game ... yesterday I did 45 minutes and burned about 360 calories according to my HRM. The calories burned varies but it's always fun. I love beating my last score and opening up new levels to choose from.
  • akalei
    akalei Posts: 34
    Options
    I want the Zumba for the wii, but I heard mixed reviews. Also I am worried that the belt band you wrap around yourself will not fit around me. We used to have the EA sports active game and that comes with a leg strap, but even that barely fit around my leg. And would burst off when I moved..
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi! I have it too and love it! I agree with @mommyduke3 and the cal burn is very close if not right on to the "dancing aerobic" option.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    does it come with the belt or do u have to buy that separately?
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Zumba for the Wii! Mine came with the belt and I have not had any trouble with the belt coming off during my workouts. I burn anywhere between 300-600 calories depending on how long and which level (beginner, intermediate, expert).
  • NikkiG1979
    Options
    Thanks all for the info on the calories burned! :wink: