Zumba for the Wii

Options

Replies

• akunce
    akunce Posts: 29
    Options
    I got mine at Target but amazon carries it too. Its about $50 which isn t bad! Usually one class is that much! I love it!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just got ours and I have not made it past the tutorials yet! But I loved what I did manage to do. Only I found that you cannot do it in tennis shoes on carpet (feet won't slide!) Plan on trying it again tonight.
  • Tory606
    Tory606 Posts: 1
    Options
    does anyone know how many calories the 20min sections on zumba for the wii burns??? i really want to know
  • feelee30
    feelee30 Posts: 5
    Options
    yup my friend told me about it too....im heading out to get it this week...
  • SophieHarrison94
    Options
    I have this, and don't worry about the belt, it's huge! and I am big!! haha :)
  • FPA1
    FPA1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting the Wii Zumba. I do regular Zumba 3x a week and the calories burned goes as follows:

For a 1 hr workout

Low impact: 600+ calories

Medium impact: 800+ calories

High impact: 1,000+ calories

When my gym pool reopens next month, I will be resuming Aqua Zumba 1x a week along with the regular Zumba classes.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I actually found it at Gamestop. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
    That is where i got mine also!!
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    i've have it for the kinect and i like it alot. I agree that it doesn't compare to a live class but it's a nice option to do at home. My gym offers Zumba 3 times a week but I can only make it to two of them so it's nice to be able to do zumba at home to add to my exercise for the week.

I also agree that the kinect/wii version does not give you enough time for water breaks, and the routines get a little old doing the same ones. But again, it's a great option for getting it done at home :)
  • kswietek
    Options
    oh yea and one more thing, here is a link to what unlocks different things, so kinda cool to know what to do to unlock stuff. http://www.xbox360cheats.com/Zumba_Fitness/Achievements/
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    You don't have to wear the belt to play the game; you just have to figure out how to hold the control to get the best results. I love love love it.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Acording o my HRM when I do 21 minutes of wii Zumba at the begginer 2 level, I burn about 332 calories. I love my wii Zumba. I do it everyday.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Tried again and loved it. Still think the tutorials go too fast. I had much more fun just winging it. I know I didn't do all the moves perfectly and I'm sure I looked like a fool but I had fun and my HRM said I burned 155 cals

I think you're better off just winging it and you will get the moves as you get the experience. If you were in an actual class, the instructor won't stand with you and give you tutorials, you would figure it out in time.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Just got ours and I have not made it past the tutorials yet! But I loved what I did manage to do. Only I found that you cannot do it in tennis shoes on carpet (feet won't slide!) Plan on trying it again tonight.

Me, too. I have to do it in my socks.
  • kswietek
    Options
    another tip for carpet and tennis shoes. I've heard you can put that clear packing tape on the ball of the your shoe and it allows you to move better. HTH :)
  • SophieHarrison94
    Options
    OMG Aqua Zumba.. that sounds amazing!!
  • gapeach312
    Options
    incase you haven't found it, go to amazon...amazon.com has everything & they are normally cheaper/better rate. good luck!
  • justin_time
    Options
    Calculate your Zumba calories burned at http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt enter your weight & workout intensity
  • 777mommy
    777mommy Posts: 2
    Options
    I got it for Christmas and haven't used it yet. I need to try it--you guys are inspiring me. Thanks!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just bought it last night. i did the 20 minute beginners workout it makes you sweat it does the job. so far it isnt much of a game though it really is just a workout. a $40 workout program. my goal is to learn all the movesand go crazy on a real dance floor sometime. :)

btw i do the 30 day shred and that is a workout. I picked up my 5lb weights and did 10 minutes of zumba holding the weights to get a better burn.lol going to do more today but it is just for fun nto thinking of it as a workout just yet . 20 minutes went by quickly. :)
  • LdyDva31
    LdyDva31 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have that same question....I love my wii zumba