Worried: Sudden Vision Change

Options
2»

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Either way serious or not, I would go to a doctor. You never know what it could be. And I know all about the whole no insurance thing. I lost mine when I got laid off. But you are more important then a dr bill. You can pay little by little. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt' go.

but I'm strange, as I'm an ER nurse and I tend to self-diagnose when maybe I shoudln't.

If it was my boyfriend, I wouldn't tell him to go, until it got worse, or at the very least, didn't get better for a while.

I would recommend you check your BP and pulse though. If you are hypertensive, then I would go to the ER, if everything else seems normal, I'd wait it out, especially if I had caffiene that day.

other worry symptoms that might bring me to the ER were, new cough, fever, edema in legs/feet, heart palpitations, nausea, severe pain, dizzyness.

A detached retina would be very unlikely unless you have had some kind of trauma to your head.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    well so far i have not gone, and i seem to be doing ok.

i talked with my dad, who apparently has experienced the exact same thing before, went to the doc and they didn't seem concerned at all... so im not going to spend any money unless things get worse...

my parents did say they'd help pay if i thought i needed to go.

i am pretty sure what i am experiencing is 'ocular migraine' based on my dads experience, and reading (and what i read said it can be hereditary) (ive done LOTS of readig since my vision got better)

so anyway, ive now got a slight headache and im wearing my sunglasses indoors!! people keep telling me that i look like a movie star!! (my glasses are huge and black)

Anyway, thank you guys so much for your input, and pilgrim for helping assure me that i made an ok decision in not going yet
    :heart: you guys
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww em, I really hope u feel better soon!