Chocolate cravings after dinner

Options
how do you get rid of the chocolate cravings after dinner???? I want a piece of chocolate soooo badly... any remedies?
Any skinny recipes that will conquer this terrible evil?

L.

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    why not try thinsations chocolate covered pretzels!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate fiber bars! They have a really good chocolate and peanut butter and they just came out with a new one with caramel and coconut! Whatever you do, don't fall for the special k chocolate cereal lol good luck!!
  • PapaPolarBear
    Options
    chocolate skinny cow ice cream
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My favorite topic...Go buy some very dark chocolate Green and Black's, Ghiradelli, Google exotic chocolates. High cocoa content low sugar you will learn to like the bittersweet better than milk and it's good for you.. Loaded with antioxidants. Moderation is the key but a slowly savored piece of DC is very rewarding and the exotic flavors are killer.
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ice cream :)
  • starlitesue
    Options
    Hey. We went to the Trader Joes in San Carlos yesterday and picked up their European style chocolate yogurt. 130 calories. It was spectacular! It was like a pudding, or chocolate mousse, or like a non-frozen frozen yogurt.

I highly recommend it.
  • geedubwills
    geedubwills Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A cup of cookie crisp cereal is 100 calories and you can munch on it for a little while...
  • cyndi101
    Options
    I saw someone on here recommend having a bowl of fresh fruit with about a tablespoon of chocolate chips. I tried it last night with fresh blueberries...Equaled to about 150 calories and Wow...it was Heavenly:heart: that and buy some skinny cow ice cream sandwich bars....Again Wow...about 140 calories and they are Yummmm-o...Hope this helps..
  • Kris1974
    Options
    Once in a while I will get 2 tspn of semi sweet chocolate chips, I suck on them allowing them to melt in my mouth and It gets rid of that craving.
  • unworthyservant
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. If it is a really strong craving, I eat something really small but powerfully sweet like dove dark chocolate, it's like 44 cents for a 4 piece bar. If it is not a really strong craving I eat something sweet that is not chocolate, like angel food cake, or even a banana/granny smith apple, just to satisfy that sweet/candy tooth, without eating chocolate itself.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oooooh. My new very favorite thing is York mini patties. Only 50 calories per patty, and the mint is so strong that the taste stays with you for a long time. So I have no trouble eating only one. I also am using swiss miss sensible sweets no sugar added hot chocolate. 60 calories and it's so yummy!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    I keep chocolate chips in the freezer. One serving is only like 70 to 80 calories depending on the brand. And since they are frozen they take longer to eat. :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I agree with mobius man. Have ONE piece of chocolate. I like the dove promises dark chocolate. Just one piece. Don't chew... let it melt in your mouth! If you deny yourself too long, you may end up bingeing (can't spell, if you drop the e it says binging????). Anyway, moderation, moderation, moderation. :)
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Milk with Hershey Chocolate Syrup.
  • RGonVSH
    RGonVSH Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I guess this is not a terribly good secret, but it works for me. I keep on hand one of those organic, dark chocolate (at least 78% cacao) and mint bars. I break it into 50 calories chunks, and and I freeze the chunks. So when I have a chocolate craving after dinner, I have one of those frozen chunks of dark chocolate (only 50 calories worth). The key is that it is frozen, so I have to let it sit in my mouth and warm up before I can eat it. That makes it last longer and better fulfills my NEED for chocolate. The dark chocolate also has less sugar and dairy, which are not good for me.
  • Katie813
    Options
    I can never go a night without chocolate, every night at about 7:30 I have a cup of black decaf and a 100 calorie pack of chocolate pretzels or oreo thin crisps then I feel satisfied and have no problem closing the kitchen until the morning. There is not much nutrional value but the rest of my choices throughout the day are very healthy and the portion size is just right.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks everyone... I'm having a cup of hot cocoa ... but will have to buy the skinny cow ice cream... yummy... and strawberries and choc. chips... will check out TJ's San Carlos tomorrow!

Thanks everyone!!!!!! You guys are the best!

L.
  • midits
    midits Posts: 49
    Options
    I like to eat the special k chocolatge delight cereal :)
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 Hershey kisses. It's 44 calories total, 3 grams of fat and 6 carbs. Does the trick for me!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Okay, poured the hot cocoa down the drain and going for a tablespoon of frozen chocolate chips with a cut up apple... yummy!!!!!

THANKS, PEEPS!