How many pounds did you gain in your pregnancy?

Options
I know everyone is different, I would just like to get a general idea :) Thanks

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    18. But I was big, and they were scary-tiny.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I gained 27 lbs.

My son was 8 lbs.

I gained 5 (1st trimester), 10 (2nd trimester), 12 (3rd trimester).

I walked 25-40 minutes most days of the week or did Denise Austin's prenatal workout tape, which I highly recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Denise-Austin-Fit-Firm-Pregnancy/dp/B000GB5M0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1295933282&sr=8-1

Following delivery, I followed a 2,000 calorie diet, and with breastfeeding, I lost all of it plus more by my 6 week post partum appointment.

Good luck!!!!!

Take those pre-natals :-D
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 pounds, my baby was 9 pounds. I was huge!!!! Lol I lost 21 pounds within six weeks, I was also breastfeeding the little one. Like you said everyone is different
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", was 145 prepregnancy.

I gained 28 lbs. Son was 7 lb 7 oz & 21 inches long. Weight was somehow ALL in my belly - looked like I was carrying triplets.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I gained 44 with my first, and 18 with my second. I don't think I did anything different, except had a toddler to chase during prenancy #2.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    first pregnancy I gained 60 yikes!!

2nd time only 35 lbs.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    I gained 40 for my first, 24 for my second, and 16 for my third. Of course I was bigger each time I got pregnant. I currently weigh 40 pounds more than I did the day I found out I was pregnant for my first child, and that was 8 years ago. Not so good :ohwell:
  • britmom
    britmom Posts: 12
    Options
    With my first, 36lbs and she was an ounce from 10lbs. My second I gained 38 by 4 months but I was also really depressed.
  • Arrouse
    Options
    I gained 20lbs with my son
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I gained exactly 40 with both

boy was 8lbs 6oz
    girl was 9lbs 5oz

I lost 28 within the first 6 weeks both times
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    50+

I stopped looking when the scale hit 223 lbs.
  • glittersoul
    Options
    I gained about 25 lbs with each one... well 25 lbs with the first and 20 lbs the second time
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft2 and was 125 pound pre-pregnancy and then became pregnant with twins. The day I delivered I was 200 lbs (I was very upset because due to high blood pressure I ended up with double vision so on the day I delivered I thought the scale said 2000 lbs). I was very relieved once I saw 200 lbs.

Anyways, 2 beautiful babies later one was 5lb6oz and the other was 5lb9oz and perfectly healthy. Within 9 months I was able to get back down to 130 lbs but then I gained up to where I am now at 140 lbs.

Good Luck

2868298.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    first time, ONE HUNDRED pounds :noway: . Second time, twenty three pounds.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I gained about 20 lbs. I never paid much attention to the scale because it was depressing :) But I didn't start gaining until my 2nd trimester, in fact I was losing weight before that because MORNING SICKNESS! I threw up almost every day, the whole pregnancy. I gained quite a bit during the middle of my pregnancy but then I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had to really watch what I ate. My daughter was 7 lbs 10 oz
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    I gained about 60 lbs this last pregnancy :(
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    first time 90 ponds which i lost.(but i was also 19 at the time)
    second time 90 pounds but iwas 30 and it wasnt so easy to lose still working on it
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    84 pounds!!! That's a little embarassing!!!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    65 lbs!! I was pregnant and I thought it was OK! And nobody told me any different! If I had only known!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I gained 46 lbs and was exercising 3 days a week up until two days before giving birth.

I lost 25 lbs during delivery and the rest came off slowly after I stopped breast feeding. Baby was 7 lb 6 oz.

Everyone is different.

My Dr. told me that she did not want me to gain more than 25lbs during my pregnancy. For other reasons I switched to a mid-wife and weight was not an issue, staying healthy and delivering a healthy baby was the priority.

Karen