How many pounds did you gain in your pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• fitmom4ever
    Options
    I gained 60 with my older daughter, rapidly loosing it breastfeeding and exercising after her birth. I gained 30 with my second daughter and am still working it all off 8 months later with breastfeeding, exercise, and diet, as well as chasing 2 children all day. Every body is different, as well as every pregnancy. I just try to keep in mind that it took 9 months to put it all on and that I should give myself at least 9 months to get rid of it all again.
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gained 53 with the first and 47 with the second...ouch! And I'm only 5'3"! Took me about 4 months each time to lose it -I stall at around 145 and am stuck with 20 to lose on my own. Just met my goal after the second pregnancy and am trying to lose an extra 10 on top of that. I figure, why stop now??
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 for my first, 24 for my second, and 16 for my third. Of course I was bigger each time I got pregnant. I currently weigh 40 pounds more than I did the day I found out I was pregnant for my first child, and that was 8 years ago. Not so good :ohwell:

Sounds like me!! I gained 40 with my first and 17 with my second. I currently weigh 30 more than I did when I found out I was pregnant with my first and it was over 6 years ago lol
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Gained 40 on mine. :)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    27 lbs...I was a size 16 when I got pregnant and barely gained any weight until June last trimester. Didn't even look pregnant. And the heat hit and I swelled up like a balloon...and then pee'd it out the day after I gave birth.

My daughter weighed 6 lbs 5 oz.

And then ate my way through pans of english toffee that November dealing with a newborn and 400 level college classes and gained 7 lbs.

And then graduated, got a desk job and gained 10 more.

I weighed 197 when I got pregnant. Its four plus years later and I weigh 206.6...still struggling to get if off but keep on keepin' on every day!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    18 lbs, 15 of that was in the last 6 weeks. My son was 7lbs 3oz and by the time he was 6 weeks old I had gained an additional 30 over my delivery weight (post-partum depression on top of a very sick baby).
    He will be 8 years old tomorrow :sad: and I'm about 9lbs from my pre-prgenancy weight. I haven't been below 160 since before I got pregnant with him.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    25 total. Most of it was right at the end. My little boy was 8lbs. 5oz and I dropped at least 12lbs right after. Lol.
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I gained about 60lbs with my first and only child.
  • Annybel
    Annybel Posts: 62
    Options
    I gained 40 lbs when I was pregnant with my son. Of that, 20 of it was gained during the last month and he ended up being just under 9 lbs at birth.
  • colonelangus
    Options
    my wife gained 78 pounds, but she had 5 kids.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    first time 90 ponds which i lost.(but i was also 19 at the time)
    second time 90 pounds but iwas 30 and it wasnt so easy to lose still working on it

I was 19 also, gained 90!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I gained about 29 - 30lbs give or take. During my last week of pregnancy, I started losing instead of gaining. I can't even remember my pre-pregnancy weight.

My son will be 3 next month and I'm pretty sure I put on most of my weight AFTER he was born. Still trying to loose the last 10lbs!

CW - 152
    GW - 140ish
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    70 pounds and 65 with both boys and 30 to 35 with my five girls. I should mention that the only times that I lost all of my pre pregnancy weight was with the boys. Go figure.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Gained 50 and I was overweight to start (gained 60% in the second tri-mester). Only lost 30 w/ breastfeeding and it took me about a year to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Now I'm an additional 30 down thanks to MFP!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I gained 12 with my first pregnancy and 22 with my second.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I had a mad craving for strawberries all day long and hardly any appetite so that's why I only gained 12 with my first.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    about 30 with both of them.
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    First child was 7lbs1oz, and I gained 40 lbs
    Second time was twins, and they weighed 5lbs and the other was 5lbs1oz, and I only gained 12lbs
    The 4th child was 6lbs13oz, and I gained 30lbs

All very different from each other!
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    75lbs