Starbucks!

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a tall non-fat latte with 1 pump of the mocha syrup most days of the week. It's 125 calories and is well worth it to me :wink:
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    People really need to view the Frappuccinos as a dessert, not a drink. If you look at it that way... it's a big coffee milkshake. It's perfectly fine as that but certainly not a daily drink.

That actually sounds good. I may sprinkle cocoa instead but I'd probably only do it at a place with better espresso than Starbucks.
    Starbuck is the devil :P You might as well go an eat a big mac combo if you are going to have one of their frappa whippy things. Definitely an occasional food.

I also only drink whole milk (I only eat whole anything, lite stuff makes me gag when I look at the ingredients) so coffee for me = strong expresso with a splash of fresh cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon :) Try it - it's nicer than you think :)
  • youngtweezy
    Options
    I work at a starbucks. Order anything "skinny." The grande carmel macchiato has 140 calories. I think it's 110 for a tall. The passion tea should have zero calories if it's iced and unsweetened. The website has an entire section dedicated to drinks under 200 calories.
  • youngtweezy
    Options
    Reg coffee! Not only it doesn't cost 6 bucks lol but it doesn't have all that whipped topping and sugary stuff they put in. And it's actually pretty good! Paid 2 bucks for 16 oz :D

But my absolute fav is their Chai Lattes! I just ask em not to put the syrup in it :) But sometimes i splurge ;) Shhhhhh

So you get steamed milk? The chai used in the chai lattes IS a syrup.

I don't work there, i dunno how she does it, but she doesn't put syrup in it and it don't taste like milk either :p just tea. Could be a two part "syrup" 1 the flavor and 1 the sweetener".no clue but it doesn't taste sweet :p

The recipe for a chai tea latte is the chai syrup, water and steamed milk. That's it. She may not be adding any extra syrup in it, but the chai is a syrup in and of itself. Just fyi - in case you go to a different Starbucks and ask for a "no syrup chai". They'd probably look at you funny. :P

They can make one with a tea bag and cut the calories of the syrup out.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Starbuck is the devil :P You might as well go an eat a big mac combo if you are going to have one of their frappa whippy things. Definitely an occasional food.

I also only drink whole milk (I only eat whole anything, lite stuff makes me gag when I look at the ingredients) so coffee for me = strong expresso with a splash of fresh cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon :) Try it - it's nicer than you think :)

AMEN SISTA!!!!
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Reg coffee! Not only it doesn't cost 6 bucks lol but it doesn't have all that whipped topping and sugary stuff they put in. And it's actually pretty good! Paid 2 bucks for 16 oz :D

But my absolute fav is their Chai Lattes! I just ask em not to put the syrup in it :) But sometimes i splurge ;) Shhhhhh

I don't work there, i dunno how she does it, but she doesn't put syrup in it and it don't taste like milk either :p just tea. Could be a two part "syrup" 1 the flavor and 1 the sweetener".no clue but it doesn't taste sweet :p

The recipe for a chai tea latte is the chai syrup, water and steamed milk. That's it. She may not be adding any extra syrup in it, but the chai is a syrup in and of itself. Just fyi - in case you go to a different Starbucks and ask for a "no syrup chai". They'd probably look at you funny. :P

THANK YOU!! I knew i wasnt getting syrup in mine...im not crazy :p
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!! I knew i wasnt getting syrup in mine...im not crazy :p

Ah, so it's basically tea with milk. LOL. They changed that since I worked there. We could make it, but we never called it a latte.

I've discovered that I can't drink chai now anyway. When something makes you physically hot and not just from drinking something warm, that's a sign you shouldn't be ingesting it imho. And even iced, I get entirely too hot after drinking chai.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

AMEN SISTA!!!!

If SBUX is the devil I am going to straight to hell drinking my java chip light frapp :)
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love Non Fat Latte's! Bascially yummy coffee and non fat milk:)