Anyone have to up their calories to see sucess?

Options
2»

Replies

• Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 times a week burning around 550 calories, and eat alittle under 1,100 calories a day. I actually gained 2 lbs!!! I'm about to up my calories because my BMR says I need to eat around 1,500 just to maintain!!! (I'm 5'9...165 lbs). I think I will up my calories and see what happens. To the people who upped, what kinds of things did you add that didn't make you feel so heavy?!?!?

Feel free to look at my diary. If you go back to when I was losing (Before November) you will see just about the exact same things on my diary as you will see today. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks. Most days 2 of the 3 snack are in the evening. What can I say, I'm a night time muncher and proud of it!!! I averaged about 1700 cals a day, and lost very steadily. Now I start with 1600 cals a day and go up with exercise, and have happily maintained sense November.

The only time I didn't lose is when I was eating l200 and less. Weight loss ground to a screeching halt.

I hope you find a way that works for you. Good luck on your journey.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I bumped mine to 1400 plus half my exercise calories and have been losing consistently since.