C25K

Options
:bigsmile:
Well, yesterday I ran/jogged my first day of C25K. Didn't die, so since I still have those
same two healthy legs today
I think I will try day two. I can do this...so I will!

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    and it only gets better!! wait until you are running the full 30 minutes- you will feel fantastic!! I can't wait to run again, come on Spring time!!

good luck with it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I'm doing W5D3 today. I'm amazed at how (relatively) easy it was gradually building my time. I could barely run the one minute the first week, and I'm doing 20 (or more :wink: ) today!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Thanks Kristina, I know it will get better but this afternoon I'm definitely feeling it after my day two. Then I threw in a 30 min. bike ride...
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Well, yesterday I ran/jogged my first day of C25K. Didn't die, so since I still have those
    same two healthy legs today
    I think I will try day two. I can do this...so I will!

You're making me jealous! I'm dying to start, but with all the icky snow and freezing cold temps lately...NO WAY. I'm a wimp and staying inside where it's warm...until spring...then I'll do the C25K
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Wow, I'm laughing at myself because I hade to figure out wat W 5D3 was... But I get it...You GO girl. I know lots of prior C potatoes doing this program and are now running marathons. See ya at the gate!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Well Annie I'm very proud of the accomplishments you've made. You might want to try twisting for 3 min. A day. I heard that was great. I'm going to invite mr. chubby checkers to my workout tomorrow. Keep going girl! Love your goal markers byw
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Since I am blessed with beautiful weather in the valley...most of the time, I decided that if I survived day 2 of my C25K workout I would throw in a short bike ride , my exercise of choice. So, I did. Loved it, felt great and praying I will be able to move tomorrow. I must remind myself sometimes that I am not 29 even though I still think I am!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Well, here it is Wednesday, day 3 of my journey, and I was able to get out of bed and walk and PTL, no pain, well not much anyway. And again, the sun is shining even though it is a little chilly ( remember I live in the valley inTexas), so as soon as my pants come out of the dryer I'm out of here. But first let me pass on a little accidental trick that I have discovered...my first day out it was chilly,ok, cold, so I put on a pair of body shaper pants(you know the kind that sorta smooths out the cellulite and makes you look 10 lbs. Smaller immediately) and discovered that they are just enough support to keep wobbling knees from wobbling. Who knew. Have a winning day folks and remember NO EXCUSES!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great job guys. I can't wait to be able to run again. Once my foot heals completely I'm going shoe shopping to find a good inside and outside running shoe.
  • annie_p
    Options
    Well Annie I'm very proud of the accomplishments you've made. You might want to try twisting for 3 min. A day. I heard that was great. I'm going to invite mr. chubby checkers to my workout tomorrow. Keep going girl! Love your goal markers byw

This may be a dumb question...but twisting?? huh??
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Twisting ....a dance...lol. Google chubby checkers...very aerobic, was just recommended by one of the pro dancers on Dancing With The Stars...do you watch that show, for a great exercise! I grew up doing this back in the day!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Thanks fitnewlife,
    What kind of running shoe do you are any of you other recommend. That's my next purchase!
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    I'm on W7D2, never would have thought I could run for 25 minutes straight! Such an amazing program!
  • annie_p
    Options
    Twisting ....a dance...lol. Google chubby checkers...very aerobic, was just recommended by one of the pro dancers on Dancing With The Stars...do you watch that show, for a great exercise! I grew up doing this back in the day!

Ahhh gotcha. I was a little confused for a second. I knew the Twist...but I guess just didn't put 2 and 2 together.
  • Bmorrow
    Options

Ahhh gotcha. I was a little confused for a second. I knew the Twist...but I guess just didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Lol
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    I'm on W7D2, never would have thought I could run for 25 minutes straight! Such an amazing program!
    Wow ...you go girl! I am so excited that I've been able to make it 3 days...but I'm loving it. Hopefully I'll catch up w you!
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    I just finished week 2... I love it... its so amazing
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Running gets addicting. I started running about 11 months ago doing my own version on c25k. Since than I have ran 4 5K's even went on a run with an olympic marathoner, Ryan Hall and his wife. In 25 days I will do my first half marathon. You will learn to love running. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • krisjc210
    krisjc210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting this program as soon as all the snow melts here in NY! Can't get to the gym much with a 9 month old and dont have a treadmill at home, but cant wait to start!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    I just finished week 2... I love it... its so amazing
    Wow! Go you...I'm only on w1d4 but I'm going and that's what counts...I
    would have never thought I could have run 30 seconds,but I'm doing it too!