C25K

Options
2»

Replies

• patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! I'm on Week 3, Day 3 - which I'm doing tomorrow! Keep up the good work!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Congratulations!! Running gets addicting. I started running about 11 months ago doing my own version on c25k. Since than I have ran 4 5K's even went on a run with an olympic marathoner, Ryan Hall and his wife. In 25 days I will do my first half marathon. You will learn to love running. Add me as a friend if you'd like.

Now I'm impressed! I have a friend that is doing the 5k runs also and started on C25K. You go girl...very impressed with your goal markers too, you have done a great job!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    That's great!!! I'm on Week 3, Day 3 - which I'm doing tomorrow! Keep up the good work!

Ok, I love the exercise ticker ...how and where do I find that little trick. Wow, w3...you are what I would consider a runner now
    Way to go... Im right behind ya!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    I am planning on starting this program as soon as all the snow melts here in NY! Can't get to the gym much with a 9 month old and dont have a treadmill at home, but cant wait to start!

Ahh so sorry about that...do you have a wii or xbox Kinect? Lots of VERY aerobic games on those ...my grandkid all have one and it's a great way to have a FUN inside workout. The boxing is a real kick bootie workout...loved it!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    I'm on W7D2, never would have thought I could run for 25 minutes straight! Such an amazing program!

That's awesome I think you must be ready for a marathon... Tell me do you run every day or do you skip a day?
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    It has been brought to my attention by a FB friend that I need to be fitted for a custom pair of running shoes...is this the norm with you runners or what is your running shoe of choice. I REALLY need a good pair if shoes
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm doing the program as well. I'm doing W4D2 tomorrow. I can't even believe I made it this far! You will surprise yourself!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 today. :smile: I'm amazed. And I love how much tighter my legs feel.

I try to run every other day, especially now that I'm doing more running. I either do my EA Active Sports 2 on the Playstation on the in-between days, or walk on the treadmill at a steep incline or other machines at the gym. I'm signed up for Zumba classes, but I haven't been back since I fell down my steps and banged up my tailbone.

I'm a bad example. I haven't been fitted for running shoes, but I haven't had any problems. I'm out of work and dirt broke at the moment. My sneakers are for running, but just ones from a department store.

One thing that has made more of a difference than I thought possible, though, was good athletic socks with thick cushy bottoms. My feet are so happy now!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Ok, I love the exercise ticker ...how and where do I find that little trick. Wow, w3...you are what I would consider a runner now
    Way to go... Im right behind ya!

You can create your own ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com/. Then you can copy/paste the code into your signature (similar to your weight ticker).
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Well, yesterday I ran/jogged my first day of C25K. Didn't die, so since I still have those
    same two healthy legs today
    I think I will try day two. I can do this...so I will!

Hi there!!

Just wanted to say thanks so much for your encouraging words on my blog this morning! Have a good day! Congrats on your weight loss also......:-) You look wonderful!!
  • kknudson
    kknudson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep pushing -- there will be challenges but seeing as your legs haven't fallen off yet, you're good to go!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Great job! Keep pushing -- there will be challenges but seeing as your legs haven't fallen off yet, you're good to go!

Lol so tru kknudson...I just finished for today and also rode the bike...legs still intact!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Well, yesterday I ran/jogged my first day of C25K. Didn't die, so since I still have thos
    same two healthy legs today
    I think I will try day two. I can do this...so I will!

Hi there!!

Just wanted to say thanks so much for your encouraging words on my blog this morning! Have a good day! Congrats on your weight loss also......:-) You look wonderful!!

I'm so impressed with all your tickers Mollie. Where did u find those! So impressed w you too. Thanks for the compliment, that picture was when I had actually lost 18 lbs. Unfortunately I put them all back on plus 5, so I'm a little pudgier right now, but as you say...I'm not where I was yesterday! I love it! Keep on going girl!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Thanks I'm going there now!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It has been brought to my attention by a FB friend that I need to be fitted for a custom pair of running shoes...is this the norm with you runners or what is your running shoe of choice. I REALLY need a good pair if shoes

I used to be a Nike girl, until I wanted to try something different. I will never own another pair of running shoes that aren't Asics. I have asics gel cumulus 12. I totally love them.
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    Today I started my blog...I have enjoyed reading some of yours and see that this is
    a pretty handy tool for just venting ones thoughts, sharing ones tips and encouraging
    one another. The name of my blog is Finishing the Task Before Me!...check it out and have a
    wonderful, successful day and remember it's choice by choice that makes this work!
  • Bmorrow
    Options

I used to be a Nike girl, until I wanted to try something different. I will never own another pair of running shoes that aren't Asics. I have asics gel cumulus 12. I totally love them.
    Thanks , hopefully, I'll get to the store today...have a good one!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 today. :smile: I'm amazed. And I love how much tighter my legs feel.

I try to run every other day, especially now that I'm doing more running. I either do my EA Active Sports 2 on the Playstation on the in-between days, or walk on the treadmill at a steep incline or other machines at the gym. I'm signed up for Zumba classes, but I haven't been back since I fell down my steps and banged up my tailbone.

I'm a bad example. I haven't been fitted for running shoes, but I haven't had any problems. I'm out of work and dirt broke at the moment. My sneakers are for running, but just ones from a department store.

One thing that has made more of a difference than I thought possible, though, was good athletic socks with thick cushy bottoms. My feet are so happy now!

Thanks lauralyn,
    Is there a particular brand of cushy socks do you recommend?