Why the Scale Lies

Options
12346»

Replies

• Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!!! I have been having a somewhat difficult time between the readings on my scale (which in all honestly haven't been bad) but the results I'm seeing in the mirror make me smile and I found myself confused by why the scale wasn't matching to the extent that I wanted to. I'm leaner, more toned and seeing some definition in my stomach. I'm not quite ready to buy a smaller pant size, but i'm excited to see what my first measurements are since my trainer took them about 6 weeks ago, because only she has the original numbers. This is probably a good thing because I'd probably be measuring myself every day as opposed to giving my body some time to see better results. I'm saving this post because I think the information is wonderful!
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    great article, thanks for sharing especially for those of us who like to weigh everyday and get discouraged with unexpected numbers.
  • mwallace13
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! It makes me feel more empowered to continue my healthy lifestyle mission! Especially since my scale is all over the place all the time. Throwing it in the bin!
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    This is a great article but I'm not going to throw my scale out just yet... Mine uses bio-electrical impedance to also figure out my bone mass and % of body fat... I was also able to enter my height and gender into it so it calculates my BMI for me too. But if I still had one of those spring-loaded things that only showed my weight, I'd never step on it. :D
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good article!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rdvincent
    Options
    great article, thanks for all the info!
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Thanks very interesting info:)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yep, it lied to me this morning! I'm planning to read this later!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this it is just what i needed to be aware of.............:smile:
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    Excellent, informative post.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome-thanks for sharing!!
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Thanks for posting great information!!!!
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    love it! Bump :)
  • chezmoss
    chezmoss Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great article- thanks for sharing.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    This needs to be somewhere prominent, like unofficial MFP FAQ or pinned because it might cut down on the "I didn't lose any weight this week, what's going on" posts :P
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    im starting to not go by the scale.. just by the way my clothes fit
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    love!