Lowest calorie Alcohol?

Options
I know alcohol in general is really bad for losing weight but sometimes people ask if you want to go out somewhere to a pub or something and then its pretty much unnavoidable! Does anyone know which types of alcohol are gonna help my damage limitation technique most?

Thankyou! :)

Replies

• crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My poison is Diet Coke & Rum. One ounce of rum is 65 calories and then none in the Diet Coke. Then I sip, very, very slowly.

Good luck!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I think a shot of vodka only has like 60 calories. If I do end up drinking alcohol, I order vodka/club sodas. They're pretty decent calorie-wise.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have no idea...but would love to know too. Any one?
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i like Wine, :D SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bspiller
    Options
    I've always heard that red wine or clear liquors are the best. There's also low-cal beers that aren't terrible in moderation. MGD 64, Bud Select 55, Michelob Ultra just to name a few.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Vodka & diet mixer is pretty low as is gin... As a general rule, your clear liquers are lower calorie than your darker ones. Don't forget to add a lot of water as the booze dehydrates you.

--Carter
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    then its pretty much unnavoidable!

It's avoidable if you want to avoid it.

Wait till Banks get here. You'll want to avoid it after he gets done dropping his knowledge.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    They have them listed in the database on here. I think Vodka or clear rum is the best (they used to tell people doing atkins that those were the ones to drink if you had to drink). I think it's best straight. Soda (diet or otherwise) seems to multiply the effects of the alcohol (you're already going to bloat from drinking, why bloat twice as much by adding soda - at least that's how it is for me). Personally, I'm a straight boubon girl, so my Makers Mark or any other 90 proof bourbon is about 65 calories per ounce.
  • Shivs75
    Options
    A shot of Jack Daniels and Diet Coke only has 65 calories. Definitely my "Go To" drink when needed!..
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ye i heard spirits are probably the lowest in calories. If you could get diet coke with your vodka then that would be ok but i dont know if they even serve vodka with diet coke at most places :(
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have grey goose vodka and soda water and a squeeze of fresh lime - I like it as it is as "clean" as alcohol can get, no extra sugar or chemicals
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My poison is Diet Coke & Rum. One ounce of rum is 65 calories and then none in the Diet Coke. Then I sip, very, very slowly.

Good luck!

that use to be mine (i quit) but had to laugh about the sipping.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Try a "Skinny *****" :) Vodka, diet soda, and a lime!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2019726_skinny-*****.html
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ye i heard spirits are probably the lowest in calories. If you could get diet coke with your vodka then that would be ok but i dont know if they even serve vodka with diet coke at most places :(

My experience is they'll serve whatever you ask them as long as you pay :)
  • Sherri71
    Options
    80-proof vodka (40% alcohol; the most common type) has 64 calories per 1oz
  • CountrySweetheart
    Options
    Any kind of whiskey mixed w/ diet coke, or clear liquors mixed with whatever. I am a red wine girl myself.
  • Sherri71
    Options
    Most glasses of wine contain 125-150 calories, but that can double depending on the size of the glass size and how full it is. At cocktail or dinner parties, glasses are often refilled before empty, making it especially hard for dieters to track their alcohol and calorie consumption.

Beer can range from 64-198 calories per 12 ounces. Light beers are a better choice because "they contain the same amount of alcohol as regular beers but fewer carbohydrates," says Gerbstadt. And, she adds, "low-carb beer is just another term for light beer."
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Its a good job i like vodka then xD

I will try the skinny *****! Looks good to me!
  • Sherri71
    Options
    Even though you are going to a pub, you could also have a diet sprite or diet coke. No one has to know that you ordered it virgin!
  • CaptainZero
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic with a twist of lime is my fav. 64 cal for a 12oz drink. Tangueray Rangpur Lime gin is my personal fav for this drink.