This is MFP not Facebook

Options
Fabnover40Kat
Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
Im not trying to be ugly but is it really necessary to detail every minute of your life like people do on FACEBOOK?!!!! If you want to rant and rave about personal problems, or post when you are going to the bathroom then do it on FB! If you want to post a comment about how your weight and diet is affecting your life then that is what MFP is for but I dont want to hear about your financial problems, in law problems , or your work problems unless it is affecting your diet!

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Then defriend the people who do this all the time. YOUR MFP is where you choose to do as you wish. MY MFP is where I choose to do what I wish. If I feel like talking about a migraine, then I will. If I feel like talking about my life, then I will. You certainly don't have to read it, if you really don't want to.

Some of us don't use facebook. I don't. I don't tend to post every minute of every day, but if I wanted to, that is my perogative.

I understand your point... but I don't see that there's much you can do about it, aside from either ignoring what you're not interested in, or defriending the serial updaters.

*shrugs*
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I can certainly understand where this can be annoying. I guess people feel comfortable posting on this site because they're receiving such support from the friends (whether they know them personally or not) they have made on it. A lot of people don't make the distinction between this and facebook. If people are posting things in their news feed that bug you, you might want to consider not being friends with them on here. Not at all a sermon, just a thought. :)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Just hide the comments, or defriend.....
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    But those problems do affect weight loss because many people are stress and emotional eaters. As the PP said.. if it irritates you, delete them.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. I'd have to agree with previous posters. Guess delete those friends? :huh:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    ouch.......lol,play nice...................Lloyd
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    Then defriend the people who do this all the time. YOUR MFP is where you choose to do as you wish. MY MFP is where I choose to do what I wish. If I feel like talking about a migraine, then I will. If I feel like talking about my life, then I will. You certainly don't have to read it, if you really don't want to.

Some of us don't use facebook. I don't. I don't tend to post every minute of every day, but if I wanted to, that is my perogative.

I understand your point... but I don't see that there's much you can do about it, aside from either ignoring what you're not interested in, or defriending the serial updaters.

*shrugs*

totally agree ^
    don't read it then!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    Im not trying to be ugly but is it really necessary to detail every minute of your life like people do on FACEBOOK?!!!! If you want to rant and rave about personal problems, or post when you are going to the bathroom then do it on FB! If you want to post a comment about how your weight and diet is affecting your life then that is what MFP is for but I dont want to hear about your financial problems, in law problems , or your work problems unless it is affecting your diet!

honestly....why are you stressing about it?
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hmmmmm. I'd have to agree with previous posters. Guess delete those friends? :huh:

I agree.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options

*shrugs*

Agreed!!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    I can certainly understand where this can be annoying. I guess people feel comfortable posting on this site because they're receiving such support from the friends (whether they know them personally or not) they have made on it. A lot of people don't make the distinction between this and facebook. If people are posting things in their news feed that bug you, you might want to consider not being friends with them on here. Not at all a sermon, just a thought. :)

I agree.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options

*shrugs*

AMEN TO THAT!!!

If you don't like it...delete them!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    If you want to post a comment about how your weight and diet is affecting your life then that is what MFP is for but I dont want to hear about your financial problems, in law problems , or your work problems unless it is affecting your diet!
    Don't those things affect your LIFESTYLE CHANGE? They sure affect mine. And my running schedule. And my gym routine.

If you don't want to read it delete the people who are offending you.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    First: you can either either defriend the person or don't read the thread

Second:
    If you want to post a comment about how your weight and diet is affecting your life then that is what MFP is for but I dont want to hear about your financial problems, in law problems , or your work problems unless it is affecting your diet!
    Stress can effect weight either by weight loss or weight gain. Just consider that perhaps the situation is effecting the persons diet.
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    If that's the worst thing in your life you have to stress over, you must have a truly blessed life. If only we could all live such a blessed life.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did delete this person. This particualr person never posted anything about weight problems, diet etc.... I really think the person was only using it as a SOCIAL NETWORK. and Im not stressing about it I just dont understand why you would join MFP if you dont want to lose weight! Just sayin!
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    But those problems do affect weight loss because many people are stress and emotional eaters. As the PP said.. if it irritates you, delete them.

Exactly.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well yea just defriend. dont rant about it to all of mfp. What is facebook known for? *****ing and drama. seems like you are bring facebook into mfp as well. I dont want to hear about your problems that dont include weight loss. :p
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    All stress will affect your diet; we are here to support each other. MY issue is with guys ( I am happily married) asking to friend me and leaving comments like "you look yummy" are guys trolling MFP picking up chicks? NOW THAT has nothing to do with diet; ladies agree? If my husband ever saw these comments he would reach into my computer and wring their necks! I only friend women.:heart:
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

*shrugs*

I agree with PP