Anyone else rocking the hobo look?

Options

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ross, Marshalls, GoodWill, thrift stores- these places are your friend- and most of the time when you grow out of them you can re-sell them to consignment stores. :) You'd be surprised how much $30 could go!

I may break down and check out Marshalls/TJ Maxx this weekend... I don't know how much I can get away with wearing jeans to work all this week!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    I am totally rocking the hobo look.
    1. I don't have time to go shopping
    2. I actually do not enjoy shopping for clothes (This is a true statement)
    3. I would rather spend my $$$ on other things like vacations
    and
    4. Planning on working on kid #2 soon, so I hate the thought of getting new clothes that I won't be able to wear for long once preggers with #2,

So basically, thank goodness for winter and baggy sweaters and thank goodness I am a nurse and can wear baggy scrubs!

I totally agree with #2 and #3!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. Thanks everyone and congrats to the rest of you!
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have not lost enough to need to buy new clothes but I am sure I will get there soon. My girlfriends and I are constantly changing sizes so we have clothes swap parties. Everyone brings a bag and everyone usually leaves with one.
    Congrats on your success!
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I still have some of my "slimmer" clothes, so now I'm working my way back through my old suits and clothes till I get to my goal.

I have had several years of steady putting on weight and buying a bigger size up which has resulted in a a whole clothes rack of clothes which increase in sizes. One of the advantages of suits with a traditional cut means they don't outdate too much.

On saying that, I think rewarding yourself with some new clothes while you are slimming is a good way to stay motivated. It makes you feel good and helps you realise that you are on the right track. it's an amazing feeling to be able to go into a clothes shop and not having to reach to the back of the rack straight away to find your size.
  • carissagrayson
    Options
    Like mentioned before, thrift stores and Goodwill are great to get you by. We have a thrift store here and on Wednesdays and Saturdays, adults clothes are $1!
  • Loki182
    Loki182 Posts: 31
    Options
    Lol, This kind of reminds me of the exact opposite situation that I have been in for the last few years. Back when I was younger (and much lighter) I used to wear tons of baggy loose fitting clothes (as was the style at the time) and now all of the clothes that I still have from back then just fit me normally. It's kind of funny when I think actually about it.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    yup....the size i'm in is a little loose, but the next size down is just a little too tight! dang it! frustrating!
    I do go to Goodwill and have gotten some really nice jeans for $6.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definately doable!
    Matter of fact, the 5 or 6 pairs I am currently wearing are all from Goodwill! Check it out if you have one in your area!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    I'm lucky that I still have some of my "slimmer" clothes, so now I'm working my way back through my old suits and clothes till I get to my goal.

I have had several years of steady putting on weight and buying a bigger size up which has resulted in a a whole clothes rack of clothes which increase in sizes. One of the advantages of suits with a traditional cut means they don't outdate too much.

On saying that, I think rewarding yourself with some new clothes while you are slimming is a good way to stay motivated. It makes you feel good and helps you realise that you are on the right track. it's an amazing feeling to be able to go into a clothes shop and not having to reach to the back of the rack straight away to find your size.

As I steadily put on weight, I donated clothes I was no longer wearing because of limited space. Looks like I need to go back to Goodwill!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    Lol, This kind of reminds me of the exact opposite situation that I have been in for the last few years. Back when I was younger (and much lighter) I used to wear tons of baggy loose fitting clothes (as was the style at the time) and now all of the clothes that I still have from back then just fit me normally. It's kind of funny when I think actually about it.

It's funny how the styles change! I totally was into the skater/tomboy look when I was in high school. I wore boys pants and t-shirts. A lot of those clothes became hand-me-ups to my dad, which is kind of hilarious. Now the style is skinny jeans for girls AND boys, which I don't quite understand.
  • manon1
    manon1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Totally rockin' it. I have some seriously saggy *kitten* jeans. I really have to hit the thrift stores soon...
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of "droopy drawers" and "baggy butt"! Congratulations!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My work clothes have become terribly ill-fitting. One of my coworkers even mentioned it.

As for everyday clothes, I have quite a few smaller t-shirts still from years ago, so I'm just switching over gradually from larges to mediums. :)
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What? The grundge hobo look isn't cool anymore?? Damn, I thought I was doing good :P Great job on your sucess!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm not rocking it, i feel sooo unsexy with it, but cant fit to smaller size yet and bigger size looks massive

i'm a lost cause rofl
  • amuhlou
    Options
    I'm not rocking it, i feel sooo unsexy with it, but cant fit to smaller size yet and bigger size looks massive

i'm a lost cause rofl

When I feel that way I try to remember looking in the mirror and thinking about how my legs looked like sausages trying to squeeze into the same pants that are now loose. It makes me feel better about having clothes too loose rather than too tight.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Mine look BAD!! LOL I was thinking of wearing leggins or streatch pants until I"m done. Where are pajama jeans when you need them. They do sound nice right about now. :) lol

Actually, I do think they make pajama jeans. I've seen them advertised on TV.

Ya but they r like $40 PLUS shipping and handling thats outragious!! :noway:

Wow. I didn't know they were that high! I would not pay for that. I'd rather get jeggings when they're on sale. Those might be a good investment, actually... Hmmm...
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have that many clothes as it is to be honest. I hate going shopping because looking at my body in the mirror just makes me depressed... then not being able to find anything that fits in the stores I want to shop in makes me feel even worse... Then, not liking how I look in the clothes I fit in makes me literally curl up in the dressing room... Sooooo when I start loosing weight to the point my clothes don't fit anymore I will be shopping! I won't get a whole new wardrobe but I will buy clothes that fit and flatter during my journey. It will keep me motivated I think :)

Do you think 7pounds will make a HUGE difference in size?? You could buy some stretch jeans that will fit when you reach your goal weight as well.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I am totally rocking the baggy clothes look... even tight shirts (that are supposed to be tight I mean) are baggy.
    My poor work pants are an 18/20 and I have MAJOR saggy butt syndrome. And since theyare elastic, the waist is not even stretched!

Hmmm perhaps I need to shopping -- but I will agree with an earlier poster ... I hate shopping and I am cheap!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I refused to buy anything new at first because I hadn't reached my first goal. But I decided to and as soon as I did. I started to hear, you are looking skinny (which of course I"m not). But they couldn't see the weight loss through my baggy saggy clothes!!

Also I realized I looked alot better with the new jeans. $14.99 each at JC Penny sale!! It was worth the $30 bucks!!

:-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!