Anyone else rocking the hobo look?

Options

Replies

• amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I only liked wearing my "too loose" pants for it reminded me of what I use to wear, but looked terrible. I have learned to toss these larger clothes out so I am not tempted to gain weight and fit back into them. When my new pants get tight, time to change my habits, kinda like a warning light.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Loose clothes def look unprofessional and untailored! But who wants to keep buying clothes all the time? I broke down and ordered a few new smaller sizes from my favorite store, Express. I hit the clearance section! No need to spend full price, when we're just gonna need even smaller ones shortly ;)
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ya baby, sporting my 44" pants on my now 40 inch *kitten*! I ain't buying a thing till 220 gets here maybe 200
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    I started in size 24 jeans earlier this month. Two nights ago I found 3 pairs of size 20 jeans in the back of my closet from eons long past that now fit me just fine. I have two size 18 pairs in there too that don't fit yet but should soon (one of them I can *almost* button!). After that, I'm gonna be in trouble, because I haven't ever been smaller than a size 18... lol.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Do you think 7pounds will make a HUGE difference in size?? You could buy some stretch jeans that will fit when you reach your goal weight as well.

I guess I'm not sure... my thighs are the biggest part of me which makes pants a problem because I need a bigger size for the thighs than I do for the hips/waist. And they're the most stubborn place on my body as far as weight loss goes. I'm kinda hoping that the last few pounds make my thighs a little more proportional so I don't have to buy a size up to accommodate them.
  • amuhlou
    Options
    Loose clothes def look unprofessional and untailored! But who wants to keep buying clothes all the time? I broke down and ordered a few new smaller sizes from my favorite store, Express. I hit the clearance section! No need to spend full price, when we're just gonna need even smaller ones shortly ;)

Express is my favorite too! All my now baggy pants are from there. I need to make a trip there soon, unfortunately the closest store is like 20-25 minutes away. I want to go to the store to at least know what size I'm in now and then will probably order online. Hopefully I can snag some clearance deals too!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    I started in size 24 jeans earlier this month. Two nights ago I found 3 pairs of size 20 jeans in the back of my closet from eons long past that now fit me just fine. I have two size 18 pairs in there too that don't fit yet but should soon (one of them I can *almost* button!). After that, I'm gonna be in trouble, because I haven't ever been smaller than a size 18... lol.

That's awesome, congrats!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I love Ross, TJ Max and this 2nd hand store that sells my American Eagle I love American Eagle lol
  • amuhlou
    Options
    I only liked wearing my "too loose" pants for it reminded me of what I use to wear, but looked terrible. I have learned to toss these larger clothes out so I am not tempted to gain weight and fit back into them. When my new pants get tight, time to change my habits, kinda like a warning light.

I will definitely be getting rid of them as well!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am! I was mortified on Sunday morning when i caught a glimpse of my outfit in the glass door on my way into church! :noway: My pants are so loose that I look like I have pools of fabric hanging around my legs!! I am resulting to wearing my jeanskirts which are now falling down...:grumble: but I guess its a good thing :):wink:
  • amuhlou
    Options
    I am! I was mortified on Sunday morning when i caught a glimpse of my outfit in the glass door on my way into church! :noway: My pants are so loose that I look like I have pools of fabric hanging around my legs!! I am resulting to wearing my jeanskirts which are now falling down...:grumble: but I guess its a good thing :):wink:

Definitely a good thing but also embarrassing. I actually switched to jeans halfway through the work day on Monday because I couldn't take it when I saw myself in the mirror.

Thankfully, I have two pairs of "skinny" pants that I refused to get rid of even though I hadn't fit into them in 3 years. They were my pants from my 1st and 2nd dates with the guy who I ended up marrying :)
  • momof26
    momof26 Posts: 83
    Options
    YES!!!! I just had a baby 6 months ago via c-section so losing weight is super hard but my size 12 jeans are waiting on me! I don't want to buy clothes because I know I'll just have to do that again. Sucks wearing t-shirts and jeans but it's a whole lot cheaper. So, you are not alone!!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I just had a baby 6 months ago via c-section so losing weight is super hard but my size 12 jeans are waiting on me! I don't want to buy clothes because I know I'll just have to do that again. Sucks wearing t-shirts and jeans but it's a whole lot cheaper. So, you are not alone!!

T-shirts and jean(skirt ) ... I can relate. I am beginning to embody my future homeschool mom-self
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Do you think that 7lbs is going to make that much difference to your size? Personally, I can wear the same clothes within about 20lbs!! The are just tighter or looser, depending on what stage I'm at.

If I were you, I'd buy a couple of snug fits, which will fit perfect by the time you drop 7lbs

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • rainbowcheerios
    Options
    I like the thrift store idea
  • davish28
    Options
    At least all of the the skinny sized jeans are always on sale or on the clearance rack. :)
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    Oh yeah. I have to buy new clothes every 4 months or so...

Goodwill and thrift shops are my friend! Both for giving and getting... :)

I'm not in this boat yet, but I'm very anxious to be! Congrats to everyone that is for losing the weight! I'd suggest getting yourself some clothes through goodwill and thrift stores to "hold you over" until you hit your goal. Then, as a treat to yourself, go buy yourself a bunch of new clothes that make you look as great as you feel!!!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    Do you think that 7lbs is going to make that much difference to your size? Personally, I can wear the same clothes within about 20lbs!! The are just tighter or looser, depending on what stage I'm at.

If I were you, I'd buy a couple of snug fits, which will fit perfect by the time you drop 7lbs

Good luck :flowerforyou:

My thunder thighs tend to hold me back from going a size down, so I'm hoping the last 7lbs will make them a little more proportional to the size that my hips fit into! Darn thighs are the last thing to go on me. Thanks!
  • amuhlou
    Options
    At least all of the the skinny sized jeans are always on sale or on the clearance rack. :)

Hah! "skinny" for me means size 10, or hopefully size 8 in some things. I'm 5'7" and have a medium to large frame according to the wrist test, so even at my ideal weight I'll never fit into the skinny sizes that are always on clearance. I'm happy to be big and strong and curvy, as long as I'm not flabby :)
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    My "fat" pants looked TERRIBLE on me. I had a good two inches on each thigh that I could have taken in...they were falling off me (literally every step I took they would fall). I finally broke down and went to the thrift store and got a new pair for 5 bucks. Better than nothing LOL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!