Weight Watchers??

Options
13»

Replies

• sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Morning, you have to do what motivates you and helps you in your weight loss.... but honestly,... You can do everything you do on WW, on here..... for free. I actually think MFP is easier and more motiving because you see actual numbers rather than points. WW in my opinion, is highly over-priced.
    I so agree with you I did ww and yes it does work but youhave to count your points and that is pretty much what you do here except calories and its free here. In my mind ww is over priced.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I so agree with everyone. I tell people I am doing 2 programs right now; MFP and loosly following WW :wink: . I track everything here because is it soooo easy, but to support a friend and I suppose to keep myself in check also, I do keep track of my points plus in the food notes. When I shop I do look for WW foods because they do follow basic good principles as far a caloric counts and nutrition, MFP makes it so easy to add just about anything including recipes and breaks it all down for you. Plus exercise and all the support you can ask for. The best part, ITS FREE!! Good luck with which ever you choose to do, I bet you will be successful whatever you decide :smile:
  • klw14
    klw14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have never paid for WW program, but i have been following it since about september and lost about 26 pounds and am about 5 pounds off my goal weight. Over Christmas break (i am a college student) I stopped calculating points and just stayed under my calories that MFP recommended. MISTAKE. I gained weight. WW points are more efficient than just counting calories, because calories aren't all that is important. if you are eating way over the amount of carbs, but under your calories, you won't lose as effectively. The new pointsplus system WW has is great, fresh fruit and veggies are point free (minus starchy veggies)! I actually highly recommend it. I have a friend who is on the program, so when I use her as my resource for questions. To calculate points, I downloaded the free WW pointsplus calculator on the droid market.
  • blueidevil1981
    Options
    I have been with weight watchers for a few months now. I absolutely love it. I do this site too to keep track and make sure my diet is well balanced because weight watchers just goes by points but it is a great way to keep track. It is a tad easier to log stuff. But i think i will reach my goal because of weight watchers. It kind of takes the guessing out of things. And I just know so many people that is has worked for. If u need any help or idea for food let me know!
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I did hear a rumor that the reason why WW changed their point system is because a lot of people had the knowledge about points but cancelled their membership and did it on their own. But that is just a rumor.

I am sure you can still do the old point system and succeed.
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did hear a rumor that the reason why WW changed their point system is because a lot of people had the knowledge about points but cancelled their membership and did it on their own. But that is just a rumor.

I am sure you can still do the old point system and succeed.
    I heard the same thing and yeah you can still do the old way my sister and mom are doing it the old way cuz they have the hang of it and don't want to change anything. You have to watch your calorie, fiber, protien and carbs. Thats what really helps you and exercise. I know its annoying hearing it all the time but its true. Even if its just a 15 min walk twice a day or like I do I park aways away from a store and walk there with a 19month old in my hands. Just little things like that help.
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    WW is great if you don't know how to eat healthy. Their revamped program is awesome!
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Like many people have said, it's what works for you. I would suggest going to a meeting first before signing up online.
    Registration is free right now and I think you can get 1 meeting free. If not, it is only $12-15 not the $39.99 online price.

I have been to WW time and time again with no luck. I feel it's about your mindset. If you are ready YOU will do it.
    The support here is so great. I have been on for a week and feel like I am surrounded by people who understand what I go through.

Feel free to add me happy to have and give support :smile:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    every person is different so if you think it will help, go for it. but i think mfp is really good, ive lost 30lb on here just by logging every day and i get so much support from people on here, add me if you like, im happy to send support your way xxx

I totally agree 100%. I've done weight watchers spent money. It works and I've lost weight on it and gained it back. But I've lost 30 lbs here on MFP for free! Now I am kicking myself for all the money I've spent on LA Weight Loss Weight Watchers etc.....

Use the tools here follow it to the letter and you will have success. Weight Watchers is the same tracking your food intake only difference you have to pay.

Good Luck!

100892.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have had success on weight watchers and I love the program. It is like any program, once you go back to your old ways you will gain the weight back. Do what is best for yourself and you will be happy with the results. I am enjoing using mfp. It has a lot of useful tools and info. I track on here and weight watchers. I don't pay anymore for weight watchers since I reached my goal May 2010, but I have taken advantage of going to meetings regularly since they are now free for me for almost a year.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My mom did weight watchers on and off and tried a bunch of different things. She eventually got down to a healthy weight but I honestly don't see the point of Weight Watchers. I guess it's a simpler way to count what you put in your mouth and the meetings give you motivation I suppose but thats what I use MFP for. It counts my calories and I have this wonderful community and my friends to motivate me. And MFP is free.
  • HappyWith_3
    HappyWith_3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It works, but you are dependent on the points system and never learn how to maintain the weight loss long term. If you are looking for a short term solution with a large price tag then Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, etc, etc, etc is for you - however, if you are looking for long term results at an affordable price (or free), than you are at the right place. Best of luck with your selection!
  • S0LYMAR
    Options
    I think that its all about finding a system that works for you and sticking to it. I know a great deal of people who have lost a large amount of weight with WW. I tried it 3 different times and I learned some techniques that I use all the time but I did not really lose weight over time because I had a tough time tracking my food. MFP is working for me because it is making me aware at a concious level of how many calories there are in every bite I take and I am tracking every bite. It helps that I can do so from my phone or from my computer at work or home.
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Morning, you have to do what motivates you and helps you in your weight loss.... but honestly,... You can do everything you do on WW, on here..... for free. I actually think MFP is easier and more motiving because you see actual numbers rather than points. WW in my opinion, is highly over-priced.
    I 100% agree. WW is basically calorie counting but based on a point system.
  • kcalla
    kcalla Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started following Weight Watchers in Dec. 2008 and went from 200 to 140 (goal). I'm into my second year of maintenance. And yes, I "think" points! When the new PointsPlus program came out in Dec 2010, I joined online to get familiar with the new program. Just didn't work for me. I started gaining weight and couldn't get up to the recommended 29 PPTS per day. Perhaps because I am a pretty clean eater and already incorporated fruits and veggies into my daily foods. SO... I discovered this place and I ABSOLUTELY love it! Now I'm watching my sugar intake and calcium (post menopausal here - can you tell by my photo??) and tweaking to get my extra "Alaska winter Fluff" off! I love this site and do it with friends and my daughter!

:heart: this place! Thank you! Very easy site to use.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this website is very similiar to WW except you are learning what's actually in the food vs remember points. If worked well, either way works. I will say I liked the articles and educational stuff on the WW website, but other than that I dropped it and joined here.
  • coberleyc
    Options
    I started weight watchers 2 weeks ago and it has been the only diet that was realistic enough to stick with. When you have a food diary I think you make the most progress tho. But I found this site and I think it is easier to keep track of calories rather than points. But it depends on what aorks for you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!